Ring end gap

Legion

Got a new set of rings...sealed power trash. They don't have any specs online and didn't send a sheet with the junk either. I know most ring gaps are different with companies. My junk is e 47k1 rings. What's the proper gap??

Never mind lol. They sent me non file fit.....I asked for file fit...this makes sense now...I feel stupid. Anyways my top rings are 25 thousands and secondary rings are 22 thousands. Is that right? This how they're all measuring

It's a direct replacement ring kit. Non file fit so I'm guessing this is how it's supposed to be? My last rings in the engine all measured about the same 24 thousands top and 22 secondary. Looked oem to me . No sign of rebuild as the bearings I replaced are all Ford oem bearings

Is that normal to see ? 24 to 25 thousands ? I thought the gap was 10. 12 thousands. Honestly that seems small and dangerous to me unless I'm not understanding why it's 10.12 thousands.

the last ring set that i used recommended .004" per 1" of bore for NA and .006" per 1" of bore for boosted. Im not an expert, but i think thats kind of a standard deal. So it sounds reasonable. you definitely dont want them too tight!

Yup sure as ~~~~ it's on point.ring end gap Calculator gave me with a bore of 3.811 and my biggest 3.8125 was .23 and .24 thousands....sounds reasonable to me ...gonna send it.

Back