Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New Crank Sensor

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,419

    New Crank Sensor

    Looking for new crank sensor shipped to 45875?
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    KSRQ
    Posts
    5,188
    AutoZone Walker part # 235-1069

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,419
    The crank sensor is discontinued by all manufacturers, you can not buy them anymore for an 89-93 car. We use walker 235-1068 which I emailed them about yesterday but no response.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    KSRQ
    Posts
    5,188
    Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    The crank sensor is discontinued by all manufacturers, you can not buy them anymore for an 89-93 car. We use walker 235-1068 which I emailed them about yesterday but no response.
    Really!? I didn't know that. That sux. i was kidding because I just picked up one for my '95. Guess you will have to rethink your situation. Want to buy an engine? I can deliver it his weekend LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,419
    89-93 use different crank sensor and reluctor wheel then 94-95.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Herrin Illinois
    Posts
    3,421
    I wonder if we could all switch to the 94 95 style reluctor wheel?
    member #2488
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    I may be needing one of these as well. Tach goes to zero and check engine light comes on. Stays that way or works and doesn't work intermittently. Doesn't want to start when engine is warm. Just replaced DIS and that didn't fix it. I'm guessing either crank or cam sensor (both of which were replaced with new parts in April).

    If it turns out I need a crank sensor, has anyone found a source or have any ideas on something we can use as a replacement or a fix? Otherwise our cars are expensive paperweights?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,419
    I am working on something now as a replacement. Will require rewring of the existing sensor harness to the new senor, have to figure it all out when the hall effect sensor comes in this week.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Madison, Ohio
    Posts
    17,589
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf91 View Post
    I may be needing one of these as well. Tach goes to zero and check engine light comes on. Stays that way or works and doesn't work intermittently. Doesn't want to start when engine is warm. Just replaced DIS and that didn't fix it. I'm guessing either crank or cam sensor (both of which were replaced with new parts in April).

    If it turns out I need a crank sensor, has anyone found a source or have any ideas on something we can use as a replacement or a fix? Otherwise our cars are expensive paperweights?
    That's not a crank sensor problem, that's more typical of a cam sensor issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    I am working on something now as a replacement. Will require rewring of the existing sensor harness to the new senor, have to figure it all out when the hall effect sensor comes in this week.
    Please be sure to update us if it works. Good luck!!

    Thanks!
    Last edited by nrf91; 10-03-2018 at 01:56 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,419
    Will also require a custom insert to use aftermarket sensor in a stock mounting bracket, along with the rewiring.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
  2. New crank sensor. Need info on how far to gap it.
    By MustangJake88 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 11:01 AM
  4. After new dis and new crank sensor... still no spark!!!
    By derekhay316 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-11-2002, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •