Finally Running Right

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
I debating all weekend whether to post this or not, but I decided what the heck so here it goes.

After installing a new true dual exhaust, new to me MPX with coated rotors (13 year old MPIII case broke), new valve springs and the 10 rib belt setup @ 30% OD, the car has finally come back to life with a vengeance. No exhaust leaks, no boost leaks and a quieter valve train. All parts seem to be working and playing nice with each other.

Hit the Dyno on Friday in 93 degree heat and car ran flawless. So looking forward to the shootout this year. Even had it finished a week early for a change! LOL here the numbers and Dyno Chart.

All runs with 18lbs boost up from 14lbs previously.

388 RWHP with 437 lb/ft torque on Motor only
506 RWHP with 545 lb/ft torque with Nitrous

Shootout should be interesting this year!

SmittyDyno Chart.JPG

Nice..................should see a 10 sec. time slip......:D:D

How big a shot did you spray?

I am hoping for a 10 sec slip sir, that is my goal this year and probably for the next several years! LOL

That would be a 125 wet shot sir. been that way for 3-4 years now. It actually goes rich on the top end dipping into the 10.5 AFR range which is fine with me.

The engine only runs stay steady at 11.67 AFR, so I know it has to be the extra fuel coming out of the nitrous jet getting it to run rich.

Smitty

Last edited:
That would be a 125 wet shot sir. been that way for 3-4 years now. It actually goes rich on the top end dipping into the 10.5 AFR range which is fine with me.

Smitty

My best pull with a MPx and 100 wet shot/full bottle pressure 1100 psi.....:eek: was 485rwhp.......;)

I have no doubt you'll see that 10 sec. time slip Smitty.......:D

Smitty,

Yeah, that should be plenty for 10s...sucks that I'm going to be the guy in the other lane. My car has been a little sketchy lately when using the methanol injection. Hope to get it straightened out before getting on the track Sunday.

David

Smitty,

Yeah, that should be plenty for 10s...sucks that I'm going to be the guy in the other lane. My car has been a little sketchy lately when using the methanol injection. Hope to get it straightened out before getting on the track Sunday.

David

LOL! We have to line up against someone I suppose.

I am sure you will get it straight David. Sounds like it is already there, just need to seat time to make sure.

Nope, I'm doing the Parkett Drive-In, TBU Junk Box auction and drinking some beers.

David

PS: Saw on Mountain Park's website they are having a No-Prep event on Friday/Saturday night so may not be good track condition for test & tune.

Back