five things I learned this year at the shoot out

pro street rich

1] someone is faster than Brian.
2] a t-bird will go over 145 in the 1/4 mile..
3] There were a lot of missing people this year... and they all had a excuse, all be it not a good one..
4] I guess that 35th I got IS really nice, so everyone voted for it..
5] The weather was great, it made up for last years rain date...

This is what I learned and everyone that was there had a blast, no troubles, no loud party's, and no one falling down drunk. everyone had fun and I know I am looking forward to next year. I also want to see just how fast that red car really is and how fast that 35th is going to be as well.....Rich

1. This was the year of the blown freeze plug

2. Nitrous will make you're car slower when it sprays fuel only.

3. Way too many people didn't show up this year.

4. The shootout isn't the same without Kurt Sunday

5. The sponsors and organizers really stepped up despite the pitiful turnout! A big thanks to these guys and gals for making it happen I hope we didn't loose money on the event.

5 things I learned from this year's Shootout.....

1) A roots can beat a twin screw when the playing field is leveled.

2) What it feels like to have people make you feel bad for not attending.

3) Nitrous is probably more trouble than it's worth.

4) Preparation, preparation, preparation....

5) Shut up and race!

:)

5 things I learned from this year's Shootout.....

3) Nitrous is probably more trouble than it's worth.

:)

I have to disagree, it just helps me find the weak points in my setup! Jacob just needs to learn how to use it properly! LOL

With ~ 500 ponies and 560 TQ, at the drop of the go fast pedal I guess stock components don' t like that very much. Time to upgrade!

We did miss you Dave!

Smitty

I should have weighed my bottle. I wasn't aware that I would show 1100psi on one full of air but it will. Lesson learned. Typically i'd have just had the bottle topped off before the Shootout but it was an 11th hr decision to even bring nitrous since my tow vehicle didn't get out or the body shop until the very last minute before we had to leave. I still managed an 11.60 motor pass on a hot humid day and nothing broke so I consider that a non-fail lol nitrous worked great for Mike inch not only did he set a new best on the dyno but on the track also by a full second

I have to disagree, it just helps me find the weak points in my setup! Jacob just needs to learn how to use it properly! LOL

With ~ 500 ponies and 560 TQ, at the drop of the go fast pedal I guess stock components don' t like that very much. Time to upgrade!

We did miss you Dave!

Smitty

5 things I learned from this years shootout...

1. A nearly new, or at least fresh, coil pack can fail without warning. Stick to Ford parts for this if you can.
2. Dave N is willing to step up and help, even if it means losing to his own parts. I his defence, his car was ailing more than mine.
3. I think we scared off the turbo guys.
4. When it comes to freeze plugs ... I did that but in a way more spectacular fashion.
5. There are still very nice, rust free, SC's to be had if you look. Way to find them, Rich.

So, as an aside, Where were the turbo guys this year anyway? Cory? Casey? Dave D?

Alan

1. Pickup trailer and pack prior to the Friday of the Shootout. (why haven't I learned this yet?)
2. Kurt K is a wild-eyed crazy man on the moonshine. When he started meowing....I decided it was time to go back to the room! :eek:
3. Chris Vining hasn't figured out a peach-powered E85 substitute yet....smells like fuel....just doesn't burn!
4. You don't miss power steering on skinnies.
5. The Shuffle is Real.

5 things I learned from this years shootout...

1. A nearly new, or at least fresh, coil pack can fail without warning. Stick to Ford parts for this if you can.
2. Dave N is willing to step up and help, even if it means losing to his own parts. I his defence, his car was ailing more than mine.
3. I think we scared off the turbo guys.
4. When it comes to freeze plugs ... I did that but in a way more spectacular fashion.
5. There are still very nice, rust free, SC's to be had if you look. Way to find them, Rich.

So, as an aside, Where were the turbo guys this year anyway? Cory? Casey? Dave D?

Alan

Alan,

Your car was very impressive and I was happy to help you get it running right. I'm starting to think the coil pack may be the problem on my car too.

David

5 things I learned

1. Kathy Neibert's Shootout Quilts are a home run EVERY SINGLE TIME!! and so are her baby quilts :) MAD SKILLS!
2. Still love seeing everyone and their cars
3. Parkette .... seating not great but food came very quick this year.
4. Pulling in at Mountain Park Dragway and seeing Smitty's orange car up on jack, SUCKS!
5. Having leave early on race day because your first grand baby decided to make her entrance, is the best and only reason to miss race day!

I can't stop at 5...
6. Pat's aerial shots of the shootout, were awwwwwwwwwesome!
7. Jim and Bill can take great pics of the event!!

Last edited:
Back