93 SC to 92 SC dash swap questions

sanddune24

I plan on swapping a 93 SC dash into a 92 SC. The 93 has Premium sound, auto headlights, and no maintenance monitor. The 92 has JBL audio, no auto headlights, and the maintenance monitor.
My question is will the entire wiring harness need to be swapped? Or just the wiring for for the JBL, the headlights, and maintenance monitor?

Thanks

I would wonder if auto headlights also require a different multi-function (turn signal) switch.

As well, have you checked to see if the VMM connector isn't already in the harness?

As for JBL....do you already have a sub-woofer? Appropriate badging on the door cups ;) ?

I would wonder if auto headlights also require a different multi-function (turn signal) switch.

As well, have you checked to see if the VMM connector isn't already in the harness?

As for JBL....do you already have a sub-woofer? Appropriate badging on the door cups ;) ?

The VMM wiring does not appear to be in the new dash and yes the 92 has the jbl system.

The VMM wiring does not appear to be in the new dash and yes the 92 has the jbl system.

After pulling the old dash and comparing the wiring harness there was enough difference in them that I change out the entire harness. Not real difficult just time consuming.

I can well imagine.

Doing the heater core while the dash is out?

Thanks for the update and good luck w/it.

I by passed the heater core when I installed the new motor 4 or so years ago. I though about replacing it but with no intentions of hooking it up I decided not to. No need for a heater in Phoenix AZ. Car is only a toy and is not daily driven.

Back