Thread: Finally Joined

Finally Joined

Hello everyone. I have been apart of TCCoA for a while but now that my SC is in working order I joined this forum as well. I have a 1989 SC 5 speed, original performance white car with grey cloth interior, pretty standard.

But My SCs journey started in June when I bought it. The car had a broken HB, was completely rotted out, the suspension was shot, and had countless electrical issues. Instead of using it for my original purpose, just for parts, I decided to save it.

I started with the engine. I tore it down to replace the HB and other pieces that were damaged. And of course normal tune up pieces; plugs, wires, oil pump, water pump, injectors, vacuum lines, ect.

After that, I move to the body. The floor pans, rockers, fire wall, front shock towers, and rear shock towers were rusting away. I saved what I could but for everything else, some flat steel with a bit of massaging fixed the rest. A few pieces I was able to get from a friend, MadMikeyL on TCCoA. This included seat supports, windows, trim pieces, and a set of SC shocks.

After that it was pretty straight forward. Rebuilt the suspesnion with NOS sport shocks and 3/4 drop vogtlands because both sets of SC shocks I had were bad, did some bondo work, and painted it in my garage. Probably not the best job, but Im happy to have saved the car from the crusher.
    Also, the black wheels were originally bought for my 96. But since the SC wheels had bad tires I swapped them so I could drive it. And the dealer in the pictures is the same one that sold it and 1989.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very nice! I have one with floors like that. I don't have the courage to do anything with it though. Any pictures of the repair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Very nice! I have one with floors like that. I don't have the courage to do anything with it though. Any pictures of the repair?
    I just took these. I know I should take pictures of the progress, but I always forget to once I get going lol. I never put carpet in the car, I saved it on a tight budget so I never got a new one. I do need to get some floor mats at least. And thats just dirt in the picture. I fixed this car to be my new daily because I have plans for my 96.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 10-15-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Hi, what did you do with the black wheels that came with it?
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424