Radiator

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
Just curious. How many 94 95 SC owners are still running the factory original radiator? I am for one but thinking a new one can't hurt.

I've got my factory radiator. 102000 Miles on it. Three to four years ago I sprung a mild leak. One shop refused to solder it stating that the plastics would never seal to the core again. I took it to a shop that was willing and $40 later I was back on the road. Have not had any issues since.

I've got my factory radiator. 102000 Miles on it. Three to four years ago I sprung a mild leak. One shop refused to solder it stating that the plastics would never seal to the core again. I took it to a shop that was willing and $40 later I was back on the road. Have not had any issues since.

Yeah, I've heard the same song too, usually tagged along with "It might last you 20 miles, it might last you 20,000 miles. It's just a patch job" and "once one part of the housing goes it's only a matter of time before other parts of it breaks too." Personally if I can fix it to keep going then that's what I'm gonna do. I don't see a point in throwing something out if a little patchwork and elbow grease will get more utilization out of it for another 10k+ miles.

Back