91 Front brake pad replacement

ecyrbh

So,for as long as I've owned my 91,(since 06),this will be the first time that I'm doing a brake job on all four wheels...What is the correct placement of the outboard brake pad on the front???..Does the spring bar contact the upper or the lower portion of the spindle...I'm thinking whoever did the previous brake job installed the pads incorrectly with the spring bar contacting the lower caliper slide ...Please help

Spring arm goes -below- the lower/trailing caliper pad slide.

Last edited:
So if I understand correctly,the spring loop should apply pressure to the upper portion of the spindle????

This is on my '90 SC, right front.

SC90CaliperPadRightFront.png

Attachments

• 90SCRightFrontCaliperPad.png
    90SCRightFrontCaliperPad.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
OK...Thanks KMT for the pics....That's the way it was....I wanted to be sure now that I've gotten everything painted,detailed and with new KVR rotors and EBC pads....It is gonna be sweet

KVR rotors and EBC pads....It is gonna be sweet

I think it will, yes ;)

I run KVR pads, anodized rotors & stainless braided brake hoses. Stops really well, hot or cold, very little dust, rotors don't seem to wear at all.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here,I think people will enjoy how my car looks now....Its been 4-1/2 long years since its seen the road....New paint,New wheels and tires,4R70W swap...She's purty!!!!....Here's an off topic question, What front sway bar links are the best or will last longer than 38K miles???...I had Moog links on it,but they were worn out...

Last edited:
If I can figure out how to post pictures on here,I think people will enjoy how my car looks now....Its been 4-1/2 long years since its seen the road....New paint,New wheels and tires,4R70W swap...She's purty!!!!....Here's an off topic question, What front sway bar links are the best or will last longer than 38K miles???...I had Moog links on it,but they were worn out...

Greaseable with a captive boot.

My ACDelcos have lasted great on the passenger side.

(The DRIVER'S side, it lost a nut ... le sigh.)

RwP

What front sway bar links are the best or will last longer than 38K miles

Something with a lifetime warranty ;) If the ones you have that are blowing out aren't greaseable, change over to ones that are. If they are greaseable, change over to ones that aren't. That's what I had to do.

Greaseables are $88 ea. at autozone these days. Note the non-greaseables at $39 are the ones with captive boots, which may explain why they, so far, are working out better for me. Both come w/lock nuts.

Is your SC lowered? Mine is, so these earn their keep, but they only have 10k miles on them, so.

Last edited:
Back