New Engine - New Best!

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
I finally made it back to the track after like three years on Sunday.

Took the new 5.3L out for a shake down and wasn't disappointed. The only problem (and it's a good problem to have) is that the engine was overpowering the 255/50/16 MT ET Street tires that I was running. I had to nurse the car off the line to maintain traction. I think with the right tires there might be a 1.55 Sixty foot and an 11.0xx in my future. I'm looking at some other 285/40/18's, 275/45/18's or 275/60/15's. I have some NITTO NT05R tires in a 285/40/18 size that I tried running initially but they're quite old and don't have the grip that they used to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZZCbURB1EXI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewBest_small.png

Last edited:
Thanks Brian!

Yea, it's so nice to be back in the game and have a great car to hit the cruise-ins and car shows. I hope to make it to the December Cars & Coffee in Charlotte on Saturday.

I also plan on attending the 2019 Epic Cruise. (Fingers crossed that my schedule works out to make that happen.)

Better traction off the line to reduce your 60' might net you a 10 sec. time slip, great run...............:D:D

Back