Rear hub and bearing installaiton

99GSXR750

What size press is needed to install the rear hubs and bearings into the rear knuckles? I was hosed for $158.00 having them pressed out and they managed to snap two of the dust shield bolts. Could've bought a harbor freight 20 ton press for $127.00 and removed them myself. Just wondering if that's big enough.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who offers the rear knuckle rebuild service? Ive seen his him and his website posted here.

Thanks,
Mike

What are you looking to have done? Did you get the new bearings installed? I don't technically offer the service per se, but I've certainly rebuilt plenty of them and I do have all the proper press fixtures.

What are you looking to have done? Did you get the new bearings installed? I don't technically offer the service per se, but I've certainly rebuilt plenty of them and I do have all the proper press fixtures.

Dave,

I had the old hubs, bearings, and bushing removed from thr knuckle. I have new cobra hubs, bearings and poly bushings to be installed. I don't have much faith in the shop that did the disassembly because i think they were trying to press the bearing and hub out as one piece and were confused as to why it wouldn't budge. Eventually they figured it out, but i rather have someone like you who knows these cars do the reassembly. I don't need a clueless shop damaging the bearings when pressing in the cobra hubs.

Thanks,
Mike

I can assemble them if that's all you need. Shipping will suck as probably $25 each way but labor $75 on both. If you are installing Cobra rotors I can clearance the spindles for you while they are apart as well. Msg me if you want to do that.

I can assemble them if that's all you need. Shipping will suck as probably $25 each way but labor $75 on both. If you are installing Cobra rotors I can clearance the spindles for you while they are apart as well. Msg me if you want to do that.

Dave,

Assembling them is exactly what I need and yes, I'll be using cobra rotors. I already picked up a set of relocation brackets from you. I'll shoot you an email in the coming weeks. With the holidays, I'll probably have to hold off until January.

Thanks,
Mike

Back