Midwest Bash / Shoot Out 2019

pro street rich

With the Shoot Out no longer happening we wanted to have an event to give everyone a chance to check out in person what others have done to their cars, see old friends, meet new ones, and just have a great time. This first post will be updated as more information becomes available.

Official Website:
https://midwestbash.weebly.com/

Direct link to sign up page on the website:
https://midwestbash.weebly.com/sign-up.html

Dates: September 20th - 22nd, 2019

Hotel:
Country Inn & Suites
13339 Hospitality Court
Sturtevant WI 53177
262-884-0200
https://www.countryinns.com/sturtevant-hotel-wi-53177/usampwi
Be sure to mention that you are with the Midwest Bash group to get a room and get the reduced rate of $109 a night.
Trailer parking, our own conference room, min fridge and microwave in each room, and free breakfast.

Car Show: September 21st, 2019
Country Inn & Suites
13339 Hospitality Court
Sturtevant WI 53177
262-884-0200
https://www.countryinns.com/sturtevant-hotel-wi-53177/usampwi
Starting at 8:30 AM

Car Cruise: September 21st, 2019
Georgie Porgie's
9555 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154
https://www.georgieporgies.com/
Leaving the hotel parking lot at 4:30 PM

Drag Racing: September 22nd, 2019
Great Lakes Dragaway
18411 1st St, Union Grove, WI 53182
https://greatlakesdragaway.com/
Gates open at 8:00 AM

Last edited:
I live about 45 mins away from Milwaukee and GLD. Hoping my car will be ready by then, but I'll be going either way. :)

some class ideas to talkabout.

Right now we are thinking of keeping the current classes. I would be open to hearing some input from everyone on this. I would also like to see some turbo classes..ie single, twin, or compound set up's So what does everyone think?? please jump in here and lets talk.....Rich

Right now we are thinking of keeping the current classes. I would be open to hearing some input from everyone on this. I would also like to see some turbo classes..ie single, twin, or compound set up's So what does everyone think?? please jump in here and lets talk.....Rich

I would just leave it as is. The power adder shouldn't matter. Current classes line you up against comparable cars

Ken

I think the current indexes keep each class pretty competitive BUT we have not had enough cars in the last 3 or 4 years to really fill the classes.

I don't know what the answer is other than having 50 cars show up to race but if we only have 20 cars racing I think the format needs some new life.

Well, the obvious option is to make it all one large bracket, maybe double elim so everyone is guaranteed to get a couple of races in. I think that if instead of racing each other all the time Brian or David had to race a 13 second car it would certainly make things a little more interesting. And I think the 13 second car would feel like much more a part of the racing experience if they had to race them, or any other car for that matter that was a full second or two faster than they are.

I think this would certainly raise the interest level for racers and spectators alike. I mean can you imagine the groups reaction watching to see if David can catch the slower 14 second car in the semi-finals?!!

I like this idea..

Well, the obvious option is to make it all one large bracket, maybe double elim so everyone is guaranteed to get a couple of races in. I think that if instead of racing each other all the time Brian or David had to race a 13 second car it would certainly make things a little more interesting. And I think the 13 second car would feel like much more a part of the racing experience if they had to race them, or any other car for that matter that was a full second or two faster than they are.

I think this would certainly raise the interest level for racers and spectators alike. I mean can you imagine the groups reaction watching to see if David can catch the slower 14 second car in the semi-finals?!!

Try this out for a second.. everyone makes a few time runs. then we all line up with your time on the window. you get set out the difference from the other car. now it is you against yourself to see if you can match your time that you picked.. if you break out[go too fast] you lose. We could do a double elimination so that everyone gets a lot of racing in as well. This gives everyone a chance to run with the big dogs as well as being part of the show.
This might be a good idea as it gives everyone a chance no matter what you have done to your car..

additional ideas

1) We could just do some straight up grudge racing similar to how the Street Outlaws no prep series is run. With the exception that no one actually gets eliminated!
Win or lose, just shake hands and come back the next round and draw numbers again. If you happen to draw the same person, just switch with someone else. No need for trophies really unless a more formal style of racing is implemented.

2) As Ira mentioned, everyone do a few time trials and then have one big bracket style race. Perhaps have a tolerance in the dial-ins if that is possible. I would hate to see someone hit the brakes or slow down just to win a race when a new personal best could have been achieved. I know this could perhaps allow sand bagging, but you can sand bag with exact dial in as well.

Just some thoughts.

Smitty

bring whatever you want

can I bring my Roush? tbird no way no how not gonna be running anytime soon.
This is open to everyone and every toy you may have. We will find a place for you to run if you show up... I hope some of those SVO birds show up so we all can just look at all that cool...I know I will have something there, heck I might even dust off a oldie just for fun....Rich

I booked my room at the hotel, and the gal told me I was the first to do so. Is everybody else waiting for some reason?

Also, not clear to me how to register for the event itself, and for the dyno and drag racing outings. Are plans not that far along as yet?

we are still way ahead of the curve.

I booked my room at the hotel, and the gal told me I was the first to do so. Is everybody else waiting for some reason?

Also, not clear to me how to register for the event itself, and for the dyno and drag racing outings. Are plans not that far along as yet?

we are way ahead of the curve this year. it the past nothing was ready until a couple of months before. I wanted to get everything locked in now so that there would not be any issues later.. watch for more to come and thanks for getting the ball rolling... so now everyone else can get their stuff ready and lets make this a great event....Rich and the team...

Back