Thread: mid west bash / shoot out 2019

mid west bash / shoot out 2019

Ok every one so here is the new thread for the Mid West Bash / Shoot out. We have set up something with Great Lakes Dragaway for our event that does two things... First it does keep the cost down . Second there will be other cars running BUT not when we want to run.. When it is our time it will be JUST our cars. the rest of the time you can use as a test and tune time to get your stuff dialed in.. There will be more to come on this as time moves forward. So everyone keep the weekend of sept 20th to the 22nd open so you can come and see what we are putting together here.. As always I am open to hear your ideas as well as if you want to lend a hand on this event....Will keep everyone up to speed as we go forward.....Rich and the Mid West Bash / Shoot out group...
    Last edited by David Neibert; 12-07-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Thanks! Hope can make it.
    Creighton

I live about 45 mins away from Milwaukee and GLD. Hoping my car will be ready by then, but I'll be going either way.

some class ideas to talkabout.

Right now we are thinking of keeping the current classes. I would be open to hearing some input from everyone on this. I would also like to see some turbo classes..ie single, twin, or compound set up's So what does everyone think?? please jump in here and lets talk.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    Right now we are thinking of keeping the current classes. I would be open to hearing some input from everyone on this. I would also like to see some turbo classes..ie single, twin, or compound set up's So what does everyone think?? please jump in here and lets talk.....Rich
    I would just leave it as is. The power adder shouldn't matter. Current classes line you up against comparable cars

Ken

93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

I think the current indexes keep each class pretty competitive BUT we have not had enough cars in the last 3 or 4 years to really fill the classes.

I don't know what the answer is other than having 50 cars show up to race but if we only have 20 cars racing I think the format needs some new life.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Well, the obvious option is to make it all one large bracket, maybe double elim so everyone is guaranteed to get a couple of races in. I think that if instead of racing each other all the time Brian or David had to race a 13 second car it would certainly make things a little more interesting. And I think the 13 second car would feel like much more a part of the racing experience if they had to race them, or any other car for that matter that was a full second or two faster than they are.

I think this would certainly raise the interest level for racers and spectators alike. I mean can you imagine the groups reaction watching to see if David can catch the slower 14 second car in the semi-finals?!!

I like this idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    Well, the obvious option is to make it all one large bracket, maybe double elim so everyone is guaranteed to get a couple of races in. I think that if instead of racing each other all the time Brian or David had to race a 13 second car it would certainly make things a little more interesting. And I think the 13 second car would feel like much more a part of the racing experience if they had to race them, or any other car for that matter that was a full second or two faster than they are.

I think this would certainly raise the interest level for racers and spectators alike. I mean can you imagine the groups reaction watching to see if David can catch the slower 14 second car in the semi-finals?!!
    Try this out for a second.. everyone makes a few time runs. then we all line up with your time on the window. you get set out the difference from the other car. now it is you against yourself to see if you can match your time that you picked.. if you break out[go too fast] you lose. We could do a double elimination so that everyone gets a lot of racing in as well. This gives everyone a chance to run with the big dogs as well as being part of the show.
    This might be a good idea as it gives everyone a chance no matter what you have done to your car..