master cylinder/abs issue bleeding

WisSCman

i had to pull the front mc reservoir seal to replace it for a leak. i never let fluid be below the top of the opening of the mc body and filled the reservoir before touching the brake pedal. there really shouldn't have been much if any bleeding to do. but, after moving the car in the shop, the brakes go to the floor. i began the 2 person bleed procedure, with the rear brakes. KOEO and fluid flows like a faucet...more than ive ever seen before on any other car. no air bubbles. then i get to the front and there is little to no fluid flow and the calipers never even lock down on the rotor. i tried to pressure bleed at the ford recommended 20psi and nothing. i can remove the bleeder screws up front and stand on the brakes with zero activity!

i am thinking its either the proportioning valve stuck to full rear (which i have no idea how to repair) or the abs module stuck. i have seen similar abs lockups on other cars, but simply removing the battery, pumping and hooking it back up has done the trick. this bugger has me reeling! anyone have some insider tricks to get this thing to work?

Good evening

Does the Brake and Anti-Lock lights turn off with the engine running? Does the pump continually run? What is the condition of the reservisor to pump hose? Might have to loosen "crack" the acumulator ball a few turns to get all of the air out of hydraulics.

Back