Thread: Running 91 Automatic Project/Parts Car

Running 91 Automatic Project/Parts Car

Anyone in Central Florida interested in a running project/parts SC?

The car is a 1991 automatic.

Has been sitting for a while due to PO removing the brakes to convert to hydraulic. Not sure how long it has been sitting, but has not been on the road since 2005, according to the expired license plate on it.

I purchased the car to save it from the scrap yard and I hoped to complete the brake swap and get it back on the road.

It starts up easily considering the amount of time it has been sitting. I was able to drive it up on to the trailer when I went to pick it up, using the emergency brake to stop it.

I also drove it off the trailer and into my back yard when I got it home.

It seems to have good power and I do not see any leaks of any kind. It does not smoke and idles pretty well considering how long it has been since it has actually been driven.

The car is black with a blue interior. The body is straight and has the original wheels. The tires hold air but are severely dry rotted. The interior is shot. It could be salvaged, but would take a complete restoration.

Most all of the power options still work, to include the key pad on the door to unlock it. The lights all work, to include the original fog lights.

The only light that is on is the anti-lock light due to the brakes being removed.

I would like to have another SC to drive, but I don't have the time to get this one done. If anyone is interested in the car or any of the parts, to include the running engine and transmission that at least moved the car, please let me know. I am open to any offers. I have the title that the previous registered owner has signed but I have not put it in my name. Name:  00z0z_3EgyvINyj2B_600x450.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  35.3 KBName:  00x0x_5SQh4VYbRxy_600x450.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  52.4 KBName:  00P0P_d6Vopt0e8a9_600x450.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  49.0 KBName:  00d0d_16aVZ4qJQkB_600x450.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  26.2 KBName:  00W0W_aZs05rRwWLK_600x450.jpg
Size:  40.1 KB
    Last edited by former35thowner; 12-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Any pics of the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by former35thowner View Post
    Anyone in Central Florida interested in a running project/parts SC?

The car is a 1991 automatic.

Has been sitting for a while due to PO removing the brakes to convert to hydraulic. Not sure how long it has been sitting, but has not been on the road since 2005, according to the expired license plate on it.

I purchased the car to save it from the scrap yard and I hoped to complete the brake swap and get it back on the road.

It starts up easily considering the amount of time it has been sitting. I was able to drive it up on to the trailer when I went to pick it up, using the emergency brake to stop it.

I also drove it off the trailer and into my back yard when I got it home.

It seems to have good power and I do not see any leaks of any kind. It does not smoke and idles pretty well considering how long it has been since it has actually been driven.

The car is black with a blue interior. The body is straight and has the original wheels. The tires hold air but are severely dry rotted. The interior is shot. It could be salvaged, but would take a complete restoration.

Most all of the power options still work, to include the key pad on the door to unlock it. The lights all work, to include the original fog lights.

The only light that is on is the anti-lock light due to the brakes being removed.

I would like to have another SC to drive, but I don't have the time to get this one done. If anyone is interested in the car or any of the parts, to include the running engine and transmission that at least moved the car, please let me know. I am open to any offers. I have the title that the previous registered owner has signed but I have not put it in my name. Name:  00z0z_3EgyvINyj2B_600x450.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  35.3 KBName:  00x0x_5SQh4VYbRxy_600x450.jpg
Size:  52.4 KBName:  00P0P_d6Vopt0e8a9_600x450.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  49.0 KBName:  00d0d_16aVZ4qJQkB_600x450.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  26.2 KBName:  00W0W_aZs05rRwWLK_600x450.jpg
Size:  40.1 KB
    When you say the interior is shot...how bad is it? Any pics you can post of it?

thanks,
    Phil

Interior

Quote Originally Posted by phils89sc View Post
    When you say the interior is shot...how bad is it? Any pics you can post of it?

thanks,
    Phil

Sorry, I thought I had responded to this, but I don't see it posted. The interior is in bad shape. The dash is cracked, all of the seats will need to be re-covered. I guess it is supposed to be leather on the seats, but it had to be the cheapest leather they could find. The two front seats could be used as they are. They have some tears, but most of the power functions still work. The back seat has most of the "leather" has cracked and peeled off from sitting in the Florida sun.

The door panels are complete but show wear and tear, probably pretty normal for the age of the car.

The carpet would probably clean up decently with a bit of elbow grease.

It is a moon roof car and the headliner is coming loose.

I will try to post pics later today.