95 SC will not start "HELP"

bigal

I did some updates, cleaned injectors, replaced plugs & wires getting ready to get it tuned. After updates started car up backed it outside to adjust fuel pressure. it ran fine for approximately 10 minutes while I adjusted fuel pressure and verified PCV operation. Shut car off to remove test gauge from fuel rail went to restart the car and when I turned the key on I didn't hear the fuel pump come on and the starter spins but car wouldn't fire. Reinstalled test gauge and had no fuel pressure. grounded LB/O wire in the test plug under the hood, pump did not cycle. checked power in & out of inertia switch have 10 volts in & out. Any way to apply power to pump without getting under the car?

You *should* be able to apply power to the output of the inertia shutoff switch. The wire should be Dark Green and Yellow according to the EVTM. Also - things are working correctly you should have 12VDC at input to the inertia switch. The input wire should be pink/black.

View attachment 23-5.pdf

Last edited:
THanks for the info. I like that diagram where did it come from? I have a chilton and Hayes book but they don't give the info this one does. I'll try putting power on the DG/Y wire from a 12volt source and see what happens.

THanks for the info. I like that diagram where did it come from? I have a chilton and Hayes book but they don't give the info this one does. I'll try putting power on the DG/Y wire from a 12volt source and see what happens.

From the Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual.

There's an occasional item that Haynes and Chilton will cover that the FSM won't.

But - and ESPECIALLY with wiring - sometimes the Haynes and Chilton is just expensive low grade toilet paper, for all the good it does.

You need - NEED - both the Factory Service Manual and the Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (FSM and EVTM).

Good news, you can sometimes find them on download, or as a DVD image. I'd haunt Ebay also for used copies. Worst case, Helm Inc. ( www.helminc.com ) was the printer for Fomoco, and still reprints them at times.

RwP

check the fusible link ground in front of the battery. I've left that one loose after doing some work and had similar symptoms .. retrace your steps and check all the grounds you can see while you're at it. good luck

Back