Rear subframe broken mounting bolt

Hit the local pick n pull this morning and picked up not 1 but 2 subframe bolts/cups for $4.50. I hope I never need another one but if I do I have it.

Attachments

• 20181230_092810_resized.jpg
    20181230_092810_resized.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 199
That’s a big job that I’d love to tackle so I can paint the subframe, but I don’t I dont want the issues you are having and with my luck it’s unavoidable, it will happens.

That’s a big job that I’d love to tackle so I can paint the subframe, but I don’t want the issues you are having and with my luck it’s unavoidable, it will happens.

The odds are definitely against you if you want to remove all 4 bolts. Unless it is mechanically necessary to repair something that's one job that I wouldn't tackle just to make it pretty.....:p

I did cut an access hole in the trunk then I peeled back the 2 tabs holding in the nut to remove it. Put the broken bolt in my vice, sprayed it with wd-40 and backed off the nut, reinstalled it, bent back the tabs then screwed down a flat plate over the hole I cut. Installed new subframe bolt and done, went real smooth......:D

Back