How fast?

ilovemy89sc

How fast have you gotten your SC up to? Mines a little tired but she’s got exhaust, 5% js, 76mm maf, rebuilt blower with some mild porting. I’ve gotten her up to 140, still climbing so I bet she could hit 150. I got a shot of me at 135 C33C60AB-C586-41D5-9FCA-EBD7D537FABB.jpeg

I topped out an 89 XR7 5-speed many years ago. The speedo in the car only went to 120, so I watched the tach until it stopped climbing, at just under 4100rpms in 5th. When I got home I calculated it out based on the tire size and gear ratio, and it came out to 157mph. The only performance mods to that car were an aftermarket exhaust with no cats and a mid-mounted flowmaster, and a ported early style blower with a 10% OD.

In my younger/dumber days I managed to find the 7k rev limiter in third at ~145 MPH once or thrice.

Otherwise, 116 MPH average through the traps at the track.

No idea, 145MPH is as high as it goes and doesn’t go past it even though tach still climbing, that’s SC life full of secrets. Of course Mexico is well known for roads closure and public displays of speed.

No idea, 145MPH is as high as it goes and doesn’t go past it even though tach still climbing, that’s SC life full of secrets. Of course Mexico is well known for roads closure and public displays of speed.

If the bezel for the cluster is removed it will go all the way around to 0 and hit the trip reset.

We were all young once right :D

-Tim

I did 135 mph in my 95 5-speed SC late one night on a straight stretch of US 23 coming from Toledo Ohio headed back into Michigan. The car was still pulling hard but I got out of it anyway. The wind noise was insane.

Back