Bueller...Bueller....

supercharged95

Checking in with the Iowa crew to see who all is still around since it's been a while since any posting in here!
Any big plans for the year?
I Always seem to start the year with lofty goals so this year I will keep it simple.. fix my transmission leak that has plagued me for decades and have my 5lug conversion completed as all parts are in to complete it. Just need to powdercoat the cobra calipers black to match all my other aftermarket parts. Fix a few other random issues and drive the wheels off her!

Still lurking around :)

I've got a list of stuff that I'm going to work on in the spring and then planning to drive it alot over the summer and into the fall with any luck. Sadly, other than gears, most of my plans are just doing some much needed maintenance.

It started that way, yeah. But that wasn't how it ended. Also had a 94 LX with a DOHC swap (should have kept this one), had a 96 Sport, have a 35th in a shed (which I need cash to get it going again) and the current 94 5spd.

The wish list includes a MPII blower, plenum, and supporting mods, and PBR upgrade. No need to go stupid fast, but more than stock would be nice. 3.27s are going in this spring and if I can find a good shop with a decent estimate, I'll do exhaust. But mostly, I just want to drive and enjoy it. Something that I haven't done with that car for quite some time.

The wish list includes a MPII blower, plenum, and supporting mods, and PBR upgrade. No need to go stupid fast, but more than stock would be nice. 3.27s are going in this spring and if I can find a good shop with a decent estimate, I'll do exhaust. But mostly, I just want to drive and enjoy it. Something that I haven't done with that car for quite some time.

Sounds like you have some realistic goals to have it fun yet reliable! I hear ya on wanting to drive the car and just enjoy it.. not something I have done for a long time with mine as well. Seems like the older I get, the more challenging it is to find time to 1. work on the bird and 2. drive it.

Most of my joyrides are a 5 mile trip on backroads around my place or to the gas station to fill up once a year! Any pics of yours?

The Cobra Rs will be back on in the spring once new tires go on. And that picture is considerably larger than intended. My Facebook and instagram has more pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_081159_154.jpg
    IMG_20180916_081159_154.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 292
Hey, new to the group. I've been in the Des Moines area for the last 6 years. Bought my 2nd SC 2 years ago. Lovely red, 5 speed with some minor issues. Planning on doing head gaskets, water pump, fuel pump, and various little things to make it a, hopefully, daily driver.

Hey, new to the group. I've been in the Des Moines area for the last 6 years. Bought my 2nd SC 2 years ago. Lovely red, 5 speed with some minor issues. Planning on doing head gaskets, water pump, fuel pump, and various little things to make it a, hopefully, daily driver.

Welcome to the group! Not a whole lot of SCs rolling around Iowa these days!

Well, my short term goals are to get the 94 SC on the road. Rear end is getting rebuilt in the next few weeks(3.73s and posi), New 3" intake, 75mm TB, 76mm MAF housing, Tune Chip, and a few other odds and ends are going to be here today or tomorrow form Bill at SCP, and going to try to tackle a plug change in the next few days. Other than that, I just want to meet some other SE Nebraska/SW Iowa guys!

Well, my short term goals are to get the 94 SC on the road. Rear end is getting rebuilt in the next few weeks(3.73s and posi), New 3" intake, 75mm TB, 76mm MAF housing, Tune Chip, and a few other odds and ends are going to be here today or tomorrow form Bill at SCP, and going to try to tackle a plug change in the next few days. Other than that, I just want to meet some other SE Nebraska/SW Iowa guys!

Good luck! Bill at SCP is a great guy and awesome to do business with. Doing the work yourself or having some help?

If you are interested in any other performance parts, I have a few things!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...rake-lines-for-89-92-MP-Plenum-Front-exit-top
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?140524-2-5-quot-catalytic-convertors

Good luck! Bill at SCP is a great guy and awesome to do business with. Doing the work yourself or having some help?

If you are interested in any other performance parts, I have a few things!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...rake-lines-for-89-92-MP-Plenum-Front-exit-top
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?140524-2-5-quot-catalytic-convertors

I've been eyeing the MP plenum for a while..... it's not an MPII, but still would be a nice upgrade on a 94/95 blower.

Anyone else still around? Paging Mike Albee!

I've been eyeing the MP plenum for a while..... it's not an MPII, but still would be a nice upgrade on a 94/95 blower.

Anyone else still around? Paging Mike Albee!

You know you want it!
My bird is still in the garage and get driven periodically..I need to find time for the 5 lug swap but between kids and house projects, it's challenging!

You know you want it!
My bird is still in the garage and get driven periodically..I need to find time for the 5 lug swap but between kids and house projects, it's challenging!

Trying to find time... how about tossing in a move. And now I don't really have room for the SC at the new place (which is a drag..) but winter will be here before I know it and should find a good place to keep it, instead of the mice infested shed of prior years.

And yes, I do still want it. But kids and spare cash - they don't really go together unfortunately.

Still Alive

Yep, I'm still Alive. I just haven't been doing much with the T-Birds in the past year or so. I recently started a new business while still running my Computer repair service.

If truth be told, I'm actually thinking about selling the white '93 and then using that cash to get the XR7 up and running.

Yep, I'm still Alive. I just haven't been doing much with the T-Birds in the past year or so. I recently started a new business while still running my Computer repair service.

If truth be told, I'm actually thinking about selling the white '93 and then using that cash to get the XR7 up and running.

You mean that red XR7 I saw how many years ago and wanted? Is it still in the same spot in the garage under the same number of boxes? :) What about the 1990 that you took to the strip from time to time?

Trying to find time... how about tossing in a move. And now I don't really have room for the SC at the new place (which is a drag..) but winter will be here before I know it and should find a good place to keep it, instead of the mice infested shed of prior years.

And yes, I do still want it. But kids and spare cash - they don't really go together unfortunately.

I completely understand that, I have 3 kids and 5 pets (2 of which being 100lb+ german shepherds that require lots of food and attention)! I snagged a 2.2 AR a few years ago when my business (I'm a realtor) was in full swing only to have business slow down and the AR shelved with several of my other parts collecting dust. That along with house/woodworking projects and other broken toys around my acreage usually puts my bird on the back burner. My bird does stay in the garage year round but I've incorporated this idea to mitigate my mice and it works like a champ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI

I hope your move went good, buying a house can be stressful if you are working with agents who don't have a good grasp on the process!

Seeing as how there hasn't been any interest in the exhaust or the MP Plenum, I'm sure both will still be around when you decide to treat yourself!

You mean that red XR7 I saw how many years ago and wanted? Is it still in the same spot in the garage under the same number of boxes? :) What about the 1990 that you took to the strip from time to time?
Yes THAT XR7. I have most of the parts I need now. Now i need to get it running so I have some interest in finishing it. I still have the 91 and i drove it a lot last summer. It's still a lot of fun but i never made it to the track. It needs a windshield b4 they will let it on the track.

I completely understand that, I have 3 kids and 5 pets (2 of which being 100lb+ german shepherds that require lots of food and attention)! I snagged a 2.2 AR a few years ago when my business (I'm a realtor) was in full swing only to have business slow down and the AR shelved with several of my other parts collecting dust. That along with house/woodworking projects and other broken toys around my acreage usually puts my bird on the back burner. My bird does stay in the garage year round but I've incorporated this idea to mitigate my mice and it works like a champ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIlYiiCGLI

I hope your move went good, buying a house can be stressful if you are working with agents who don't have a good grasp on the process!

Seeing as how there hasn't been any interest in the exhaust or the MP Plenum, I'm sure both will still be around when you decide to treat yourself!

You have an AR in your garage... if I had the necessary mods needed to make use of the AR, I'd even be jealous (98% stock)

We were renting our last home and back in July, they came to us explaining that their parents were getting old and shouldn't be living on the farm anymore and they wanted to move them back to town.. which meant moving them into the house we were living in. My wife and I had 2 weeks of stress and hell trying to figure out where and what we were going to do. Our credit wasn't quite good enough that the bank would loan us money for a house, and I had something on my credit report - which I didn't learn about until this whole adventure - that stopped us from being able to rent an apartment. My in-laws had been talking about getting rental property and our scenario just expedited that. They found a good house, it needs a little work here and there. Nothing that doesn't stop us from living in it. So we're still renting, but from better landlords this time, and they said we have the house as long as need or want. Which I hope is quite a while because moving is a royal pain. Yeah, I don't have a garage and I wish I did. But that's really the biggest complaint I have.

I'm not sure what extent I'll go with the SC. I'm truly not going for big power. It'd be nice, but I have too many other things that are more important. I've got the backhalf of a catback exhaust I'll get on, tint the windows, and a 3.27 rear to go in. I wouldn't mind doing the whole exhaust, just to free it up for any potential in the future. Or a stock aluminum jackshaft pulley.. or an MPII... or the list goes on.

Now that I've written a book, I'll call this post quits :)

You have an AR in your garage... if I had the necessary mods needed to make use of the AR, I'd even be jealous (98% stock)

We were renting our last home and back in July, they came to us explaining that their parents were getting old and shouldn't be living on the farm anymore and they wanted to move them back to town.. which meant moving them into the house we were living in. My wife and I had 2 weeks of stress and hell trying to figure out where and what we were going to do. Our credit wasn't quite good enough that the bank would loan us money for a house, and I had something on my credit report - which I didn't learn about until this whole adventure - that stopped us from being able to rent an apartment. My in-laws had been talking about getting rental property and our scenario just expedited that. They found a good house, it needs a little work here and there. Nothing that doesn't stop us from living in it. So we're still renting, but from better landlords this time, and they said we have the house as long as need or want. Which I hope is quite a while because moving is a royal pain. Yeah, I don't have a garage and I wish I did. But that's really the biggest complaint I have.

I'm not sure what extent I'll go with the SC. I'm truly not going for big power. It'd be nice, but I have too many other things that are more important. I've got the backhalf of a catback exhaust I'll get on, tint the windows, and a 3.27 rear to go in. I wouldn't mind doing the whole exhaust, just to free it up for any potential in the future. Or a stock aluminum jackshaft pulley.. or an MPII... or the list goes on.

Now that I've written a book, I'll call this post quits :)

Sorry to hear of your luck.. on the positive side, at least you know what to work on to get your credit in the place it needs to be in order to be able to make a move (or refinance where you are at and purchase down the road)! If you ever want to do the front- half of your exhaust, let me know. I have just what you need!

Still around. Life is busy and the Bird has been sitting. Just yesterday I decided to get it out and run it only to find the windshield was cracked and needs replaced. Getting that done this afternoon. Drove it to work, but it seems to have a vac leak. Been working on getting the 68 Camaro finished up, so this project has been sitting with the frustration of not being able to find an issue it previously had. Now, to get a fresh tank of gas ran though it and plug in the BE and get to tuning. I don't remember a thing about the software, so this should be fun. Put the new 2020 tags over the 2016. Didn't realize it had been in the garage that long.

If anyone has a rubber boot SC tube meaning a stock tube that has been cut and will accept a boot instead of the collar nut let me know.

Kids, Dogs, House and Wife are ahead of these cars anymore, so just have fun when its available. Looks like it's been about 4 years. LOL

Back