Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bueller...Bueller....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    751

    Bueller...Bueller....

    Checking in with the Iowa crew to see who all is still around since it's been a while since any posting in here!
    Any big plans for the year?
    I Always seem to start the year with lofty goals so this year I will keep it simple.. fix my transmission leak that has plagued me for decades and have my 5lug conversion completed as all parts are in to complete it. Just need to powdercoat the cobra calipers black to match all my other aftermarket parts. Fix a few other random issues and drive the wheels off her!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Blair, Nebr
    Posts
    3,269
    Still lurking around

    I've got a list of stuff that I'm going to work on in the spring and then planning to drive it alot over the summer and into the fall with any luck. Sadly, other than gears, most of my plans are just doing some much needed maintenance.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    751
    Good to see you are still around man! Couple of old timers here... didn't you have a red NA back in the day?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Blair, Nebr
    Posts
    3,269
    It started that way, yeah. But that wasn't how it ended. Also had a 94 LX with a DOHC swap (should have kept this one), had a 96 Sport, have a 35th in a shed (which I need cash to get it going again) and the current 94 5spd.

    The wish list includes a MPII blower, plenum, and supporting mods, and PBR upgrade. No need to go stupid fast, but more than stock would be nice. 3.27s are going in this spring and if I can find a good shop with a decent estimate, I'll do exhaust. But mostly, I just want to drive and enjoy it. Something that I haven't done with that car for quite some time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    The wish list includes a MPII blower, plenum, and supporting mods, and PBR upgrade. No need to go stupid fast, but more than stock would be nice. 3.27s are going in this spring and if I can find a good shop with a decent estimate, I'll do exhaust. But mostly, I just want to drive and enjoy it. Something that I haven't done with that car for quite some time.
    Sounds like you have some realistic goals to have it fun yet reliable! I hear ya on wanting to drive the car and just enjoy it.. not something I have done for a long time with mine as well. Seems like the older I get, the more challenging it is to find time to 1. work on the bird and 2. drive it.

    Most of my joyrides are a 5 mile trip on backroads around my place or to the gas station to fill up once a year! Any pics of yours?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Blair, Nebr
    Posts
    3,269
    The Cobra Rs will be back on in the spring once new tires go on. And that picture is considerably larger than intended. My Facebook and instagram has more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Hey, new to the group. I've been in the Des Moines area for the last 6 years. Bought my 2nd SC 2 years ago. Lovely red, 5 speed with some minor issues. Planning on doing head gaskets, water pump, fuel pump, and various little things to make it a, hopefully, daily driver.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by stnielsen14 View Post
    Hey, new to the group. I've been in the Des Moines area for the last 6 years. Bought my 2nd SC 2 years ago. Lovely red, 5 speed with some minor issues. Planning on doing head gaskets, water pump, fuel pump, and various little things to make it a, hopefully, daily driver.
    Welcome to the group! Not a whole lot of SCs rolling around Iowa these days!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5
    Well, my short term goals are to get the 94 SC on the road. Rear end is getting rebuilt in the next few weeks(3.73s and posi), New 3" intake, 75mm TB, 76mm MAF housing, Tune Chip, and a few other odds and ends are going to be here today or tomorrow form Bill at SCP, and going to try to tackle a plug change in the next few days. Other than that, I just want to meet some other SE Nebraska/SW Iowa guys!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by ThdrCkn View Post
    Well, my short term goals are to get the 94 SC on the road. Rear end is getting rebuilt in the next few weeks(3.73s and posi), New 3" intake, 75mm TB, 76mm MAF housing, Tune Chip, and a few other odds and ends are going to be here today or tomorrow form Bill at SCP, and going to try to tackle a plug change in the next few days. Other than that, I just want to meet some other SE Nebraska/SW Iowa guys!
    Good luck! Bill at SCP is a great guy and awesome to do business with. Doing the work yourself or having some help?

    If you are interested in any other performance parts, I have a few things!

    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...Front-exit-top
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...tic-convertors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •