2019 Epic Drive Headcount

I have been trying to get everything done in time but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We really enjoyed the weekend last year, even with the mechanical issues we were involved with. That being said, we hope everyone enjoys The Drive this year and avoids the problems like we had last year and once again, we want to thank everyone who extended themselves to get us back on the road last year.

A special thanks to Smitty and his lovely wife, who is clearly the real mechanic in the family! ;) and to the people who run this thing. That guy Chris and his Lady do an amazing amount of work to bring all of this together. Something you will not appreciate until you have run the Epic Drive.

Good luck to all.

I've been putting off making the call in hopes things would change, but I don't see how Danielle and I will make it either. :( Just have had too much to do over the past year! I'm really bummed, but maybe I'll get to at least drive the car some this year!

Also bummed to see Tom isn't making it! I got those heads done for you!! :p:p:p :)

Calendar was clear until today :(

Smitty and Cris,

Well this is a bummer as you get 2 more MIAs. More so given that both SCs 5-Spd that were going this year are 'Present and Acconted For'....and ready for road slaying.

This entire year, the EPIC weekend was clear but alas too it has succumed to priorities. Don Miller was at my place this last weekend. I broke the news to him so he is bailing too. It's an Army, Cavalry brotherhood thing as you will understand :) He was going to drive one of the SCs vice his Soltice this year.

Today I received confirmation. Instead of Epic I will be driving West to Los Angeles starting 16 May. My consulting gig for a Dynamic Air Management program for heavy truck suspension and light duty trucks has beckoned me to drive a specially modified vehicle there and back. Also my son will be driving his car along with me as he starts his summer engineering internship in Alburquerque. NM on 19 May. He's an up and coming future Mechanical Engineer.

Needless to say I am dissapointed to miss the the second Epic Drive. The Dragon's Tail last year was one for the Ages. So I hope to make the next one but 2020 in May is looking awfully crowded with graduations and moves. Let's hope things don't get in the way next time??

My regrets, but I trust you will have a great time and drive.

Glenn

My 94 is ready to go. Chris Vining and I pulled an all night-er last night and got the old blower replaced with a rebuilt one with re-coated rotors, original injectors replaced with 60# injectors and tuned. She is now running stronger than ever. Thanks Chris for your efforts, your the best.

I've been putting off making the call in hopes things would change, but I don't see how Danielle and I will make it either. :( Just have had too much to do over the past year! I'm really bummed, but maybe I'll get to at least drive the car some this year!

Also bummed to see Tom isn't making it! I got those heads done for you!! :p:p:p :)

Yes, sorry brother!!! Been working a lot and the heads are still boxed up :(

If you want to update the list, I'll be there in my 5-speed 97 Sport again. I was hoping to have time to get the 90 XR7 done, but it didn't happen.

Back