Is there anyone that rebuilds the factory adjustable Tokico struts?

phils89sc

I tried to search, but maybe I wasn't wording it right. Just wondering if anyone out there rebuilds the factory 2-way adjustable struts?

Thanks,
Phil

They aren't 'struts', and no, never heard of anyone rebuilding them.

We're at the manufs. mercy if they ever put more into the supply chain, but given the relatively low demand, I'd not hold my breath.

Every once in a blue moon you can find them online. I bought a full set about 3 years ago now at Shox.com. They are very rare though and they'll set you back a piece.

Try to get a hold of these guys. You might be able to get them rebuilt:

http://racingeclipse.com/services/custom-shock-services

Their site looks promising for doing it, but I haven't taken the time to talk to the guy they've got because I wasn't ready to bit the bullet if he wants me to send him shocks.

IIRC, Tokico's can't be disassembled like KONIs or Bilsteins.

If the expectation is that someone will cut the shock, find suitable replacement valves, refill them with oil and reweld them shut, well, I'll be surprised. You are better off hacking together your own Bilstein front suspension.
-g

ARC Replacement Shock Options

Given the difficulty of finding replacement shocks that use the OEM Firm/Auto setting, I'm taking in informal survey to see what everyone here does when it comes to replacing shocks?

Do we just slap in a set of performance shocks and then unplug the blinking Firm/Auto light?

Given the difficulty of finding replacement shocks that use the OEM Firm/Auto setting, I'm taking in informal survey to see what everyone here does when it comes to replacing shocks?

Do we just slap in a set of performance shocks and then unplug the blinking Firm/Auto light?

Well, there are no ARC alternatives for you.

Also, there are no performance shocks that don't have ARC.

You are in custom territory at this point.

I realize that it will be a pain to get proper SC shocks, but my green “Firm Ride” light blinks in both my cars. Im thinking about combining my shocks between the two cars (so hopefully one car keeps the adjustable shocks) then my other car could just use non-adjustable shocks.

Would these work? It says “exc SC” (I thought it was just because they aren’t electric) so I wanted to ask the pros what they think.

https://www.amazon.com/1989-1997-Th...ocphy=9010843&hvtargid=pla-570918359749&psc=1

Back