Barrett Jackson Lot# 990.1

Technically, that era's 8 cylinder 272/292/312 cu. in. power plants were 'Y' blocks vs. 'V', the difference being how the crank sits in the block.

I put a built 312 into a '56 F-100...sweet motor.

No offense, but I think you're being a bit pedantic. Are you suggesting people should refer to them as Y-8s? Because that's just not a term people use.

Totally, errr highly pedantic - perhaps I should have said "were 'Y' blocks vs. simply 'V'", and not suggesting anything other than to some people, the small distinction matters ;)

These days we have FPC to add to the mix..."Hey, buddy! How come your V8 sounds funny??!!"

Last edited:
Six

From what I understand, the cell phone option is a dealer option (perhaps like spoilers on any MN12 made before 1996 model year).

I have a 1991 Supercoupe 5-speed (with an 89 DSO) that has (Im pretty sure) every possible factory option except the front license plate bracket and auto tranny (the two “options” I wouldnt want anyways ;) ).

Are 6-way power seats really an option? I feel like every MN12 I see has power seats. Did MN12’s ever come with “manual” seats, or are there cheaper power seats out there? Maybe 4-way power seats?

I am happy for the guy that his car sold for more than $20,000. I thought it would have sold for like $15,000.

From what I understand, the cell phone option is a dealer option (perhaps like spoilers on any MN12 made before 1996 model year).

I have a 1991 Supercoupe 5-speed (with an 89 DSO) that has (Im pretty sure) every possible factory option except the front license plate bracket and auto tranny (the two “options” I wouldnt want anyways ;) ).

Are 6-way power seats really an option? I feel like every MN12 I see has power seats. Did MN12’s ever come with “manual” seats, or are there cheaper power seats out there? Maybe 4-way power seats?

I am happy for the guy that his car sold for almost $30,000. I thought it would have sold for like $15,000.

Sorry for the double post, my iPhone glitched. I accidentally typed “six” as my subject, instead of the security question XD

Last edited:
I've owned a few SCs with manual passenger seats. My pearl white 95 being one of those. The manual drivers were only on base models in 96/97 to my knowledge.

The SC was the top trim level so it doesnt make sense to not be option heavy. Also the 94/95s came with cellphone option. I would assume prior to that was more based on the lack of technology.

-Tim

Power seats were an option on MN12s, and I have seen Tbirds and Cougars with dual manual seats, and I have even seen SCs with a manual passenger seat, but I have never seen a manual driver’s seat in an SC.

Back