Carlisle 2019 Headcount

I never miss a year

I won't be staying at the Park Inn but will be hanging with you guys the whole weekend. Most likely bringing my Fusion but I registered it under SCCoA.

Let me know if anyone needs anything. See you guys soon.

I never miss a year

I won't be staying at the Park Inn but will be hanging with you guys the whole weekend. Most likely bringing my Fusion but I registered it under SCCoA.

Let me know if anyone needs anything. See you guys soon.

You are as bad Damon in bringing an SC. Lol. Let's see if he shows up this year.....

You are as bad Damon in bringing an SC. Lol. Let's see if he shows up this year.....

How dare you put me on Damon's level, I'm rolling your go cart if Damon gets our cherished event back up this year! :D

I hope Damon makes it, we have been missing a few regulars as of late. :(

I love Carlisle and hanging out with everyone! Having said that here are some reasons I won't be back anytime soon.
  • Virginia Cops - I've been stopped - and ticketed in VA over the years more than any other state I've EVER been to - and I travel - A LOT!
  • Virginia Tint Laws - Just an excuse to be pulled over and harassed. Got stopped TWICE for this on my way to the Joel bender meet one year.
  • Virginia Red Necks - The one and only time I've ever been "Coal Rolled" was in ... you guessed it ... VA on my way to Carlisle.
  • Blew the engine up on the way home from Carlisle the last time I went back in 2015. (Still bitter about that) It wasn't Carlisle's fault but I make that association with Carlisle.
  • The timing of the show is too soon after my work season ends. Typically, I'm on the road for roughly 5 months before June 1. The last thing I want to do after being on the road for five months is take a road trip.

You guys have fun! If I can get the new engine running reliably and my wife gives the go-ahead to bring my son I might make an appearance next year.

Last edited:
First time with my SC

Last year was my first time attending as a fan, this year I plan to bring my SC. I bought it two summer's ago and have been looking forward to participating at Carlisle and in some local shows just for fun.

I have a couple questions about how things work.

- What constitutes a modification for sign up purposes? The major changes on the car are Eibach lowering springs, bigger wheels, and a spinning wheels power pulley. It also has an aftermarket radio, aluminum radiator, window tinting, 140mph speedo, and clear marker lights up front. I consider the car to be stock, but I'm not sure how Carlisle treats this. I could always put the original wheels back on for the show if that makes a difference. It's a newbie question and not critical, but figured I need to learn sometime.

- Do most cars stay on the grounds overnight? I plan to have my wife there with our van to get back and forth to the hotel and it seems easier to not drive in and out each day. I'll be arriving Saturday morning.

- Anyone know how hard it is to rent an electric cart for the day/weekend? I saw them around last year, but didn't check into the details. My 80 year old father is coming along and I'll need something to help him get around easily.

- Any general tips for first timers?

Thanks,
MP

Carlisle treats the stock vs mod anyway you want to sign up. But the general rule is 3 or more modifications. I would consider your car stock. And I would only count the wheels as a mod.

Its peer judging so if I saw a car in a stock class that was wildly modded I wouldn't vote for it personally.

Some people leave the cars there over night, but most of us bird guys drive em to and from. That's part of the fun.

No idea on the scooters.

Carlisle treats the stock vs mod anyway you want to sign up. But the general rule is 3 or more modifications. I would consider your car stock. And I would only count the wheels as a mod.

Its peer judging so if I saw a car in a stock class that was wildly modded I wouldn't vote for it personally.

Some people leave the cars there over night, but most of us bird guys drive em to and from. That's part of the fun.

No idea on the scooters.

Thanks, that helps. I signed up so count me in for the headcount.

Lining up for the short drive back and forth from the hotel I'm in seems like more time sitting rather than driving. I suspect though that my wife will be ready to go back to the hotel early, so I'll probably be driving the Bird.

Thanks, that helps. I signed up so count me in for the headcount.

Lining up for the short drive back and forth from the hotel I'm in seems like more time sitting rather than driving. I suspect though that my wife will be ready to go back to the hotel early, so I'll probably be driving the Bird.

Carlisle Events shows the following:

DISABLED GUEST RENTALS
Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis.

Operators of ECVs are required to possess appropriate credentials while on grounds. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis for disabled persons unable to operate a three-wheel vehicle who have their own properly insured golf cart and who make arrangements 3 weeks in advance of arrival.

For more information about renting an ECV, contact our on-grounds exclusive scooter and wheelchair provider by phone at 888-441-7575 or online - Scootaround.com

-Tim

Carlisle Events shows the following:

DISABLED GUEST RENTALS
Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis.

Operators of ECVs are required to possess appropriate credentials while on grounds. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis for disabled persons unable to operate a three-wheel vehicle who have their own properly insured golf cart and who make arrangements 3 weeks in advance of arrival.

For more information about renting an ECV, contact our on-grounds exclusive scooter and wheelchair provider by phone at 888-441-7575 or online - Scootaround.com

-Tim

Thanks. I looked, but I guess I didn't dig deep enough on the Carlisle Events website.

I wonder how strict they are on the 'credentials'. My Dad doesn't have a disabled tag, but he's 81 with a heart condition and can't walk for long. He wouldn't make it up the steep parts of the hill. Last year at the Truck Nationals I saw the carts all over the place, and I doubt many of the users were disabled. Hopefully they are accommodating, but I'll see if I can come up with a backup plan.

MP

car show

welp im all set. made my res at hotel and show field. guess ill leave bout noon friday, ill see if bro damien will bring his sc this year and we can leave together lol. anybody else leaving from ny?

Back