Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Spinning Wheels-SC - Still in Business?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    19

    Question Spinning Wheels-SC - Still in Business?

    Spinning Wheels-SC (Victor & Diane Malvar) shows up as a parts source in several threads. I went there the other day looking to make a purchase. Even with stuff in the purchase cart, the PayPal go-back link doesn't work cuz the site is not https-protected (encrypted). Curious, I tried calling to find out what's going on and I find that both the talk and fax lines are disconnected. Does anyone know their status?
    MDW

    Edit: Here's a helpful clue: The website situation I noted on 01-27-2019 is the situation that affected my original observation and query (above). I don't care what happened a few months back or "I didn't fill-in-the-blank . . ." The website problem may or may not be corrected now. I don't give a ~~~~. What has happened is that Diane reached out to me via email and my immediate problem (ordering frigging parts) has since been fixed - I'm getting the frigging parts. I do not know about the website https status and don't need to be notified if/when it changes.
    Last edited by Air2Mud; 01-29-2019 at 07:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    765
    I ordered a set of brake lines back in November with no issues. Here is his email and he was prompt with communication:

    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged95 View Post
    I ordered a set of brake lines back in November with no issues. Here is his email and he was prompt with communication:

    [email protected]
    Yup, I tried the email approach also after no joy on the telephone attempt. No reply yet to my email.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    19

    Email replied to...

    Diane Malvar called me a few minutes ago in response to my email. Apparently their web hosting got messed up when their SSL cert was mistakenly issued by the provider to two websites, resulting in the encryption conflict. They are still trying to unravel that fiasco. [snip]
    Meanwhile, she encouraged folks to continue "shopping" the website and to email her their shopping list via the company email address. She would respond with a PayPal invoice for the items on your list.
    MDW

    Edit: The "crawl" at the top of their webpage goes by very slowly with large chucks of B L A N K space. Turns out there IS an updated business telephone number - 352.209.4349. A new business address is also mentioned.
    Last edited by Air2Mud; 01-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    252
    I bought from them a few months back with no issues as well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    466

    Spinning Wheels

    I have tried contacting Spinning Wheels by phone and email. 5/8/19 and 5/9/19. No response.

    5/10/19. The spinning wheels link now says "domain name has expired". Anyone know what's going on?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Zephyrhills F.L.
    Posts
    231
    Victor has not been in good health lately then they moved a while back plus they had a problem with security on the site, last I heard they were trying to correct it. I believe they're still in business .

    Victor's # 352-693-0440

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    19
    Health and web issues notwithstanding, I had a problem with an EGR bypass kit I bought: only half the parts fit. My query (from a couple of months ago) on how to remedy the problem remains unanswered. Draw your own conclusion[s].
    MDW

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    930
    Some situations are like an iceberg. You can only see the 20% above the water line. The other 80% is a mystery.

Similar Threads

  1. spinning wheels sc
    By jpw2009 in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Spinning wheels sc M90 rebuild
    By neverfastenough in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
  3. $25 USD gift certificate from Spinning Wheels SC
    By fast Ed in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
  4. Parts on Spinning Wheels-SC
    By pablon2 in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 11:35 PM
  5. ?spinning wheels-sc coil spring isolators
    By Jeremy_K in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •