Thread: Spinning Wheels-SC - Still in Business?

Question Spinning Wheels-SC - Still in Business?

Spinning Wheels-SC (Victor & Diane Malvar) shows up as a parts source in several threads. I went there the other day looking to make a purchase. Even with stuff in the purchase cart, the PayPal go-back link doesn't work cuz the site is not https-protected (encrypted). Curious, I tried calling to find out what's going on and I find that both the talk and fax lines are disconnected. Does anyone know their status?
    MDW

Edit: Here's a helpful clue: The website situation I noted on 01-27-2019 is the situation that affected my original observation and query (above). I don't care what happened a few months back or "I didn't fill-in-the-blank . . ." The website problem may or may not be corrected now. I don't give a ~~~~. What has happened is that Diane reached out to me via email and my immediate problem (ordering frigging parts) has since been fixed - I'm getting the frigging parts. I do not know about the website https status and don't need to be notified if/when it changes.
    Last edited by Air2Mud; 01-29-2019 at 07:55 PM.

I ordered a set of brake lines back in November with no issues. Here is his email and he was prompt with communication:

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged95 View Post
    I ordered a set of brake lines back in November with no issues. Here is his email and he was prompt with communication:

[email protected]
    Yup, I tried the email approach also after no joy on the telephone attempt. No reply yet to my email.

Email replied to...

Diane Malvar called me a few minutes ago in response to my email. Apparently their web hosting got messed up when their SSL cert was mistakenly issued by the provider to two websites, resulting in the encryption conflict. They are still trying to unravel that fiasco. [snip]
    Meanwhile, she encouraged folks to continue "shopping" the website and to email her their shopping list via the company email address. She would respond with a PayPal invoice for the items on your list.
    MDW

Edit: The "crawl" at the top of their webpage goes by very slowly with large chucks of B L A N K space. Turns out there IS an updated business telephone number - 352.209.4349. A new business address is also mentioned.
    Last edited by Air2Mud; 01-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.

I bought from them a few months back with no issues as well.

Spinning Wheels

I have tried contacting Spinning Wheels by phone and email. 5/8/19 and 5/9/19. No response.

5/10/19. The spinning wheels link now says "domain name has expired". Anyone know what's going on?

Victor has not been in good health lately then they moved a while back plus they had a problem with security on the site, last I heard they were trying to correct it. I believe they're still in business .

Victor's # 352-693-0440

Health and web issues notwithstanding, I had a problem with an EGR bypass kit I bought: only half the parts fit. My query (from a couple of months ago) on how to remedy the problem remains unanswered. Draw your own conclusion[s].
    MDW

Some situations are like an iceberg. You can only see the 20% above the water line. The other 80% is a mystery.