Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: 2019 Epic Drive progress reports

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,736
    LsJaLp.jpg
    93 SC Red Aod 4.2/2.3lwhipple 422rwhp 11.360
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    2018 Shootout Pro Street Runner Up
    Coming soon new motor 2300 TVS etc..
    90 35th aod stock, 90 5 speed Bolton Build in progress

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,281
    Progress report.......for myself...

    Car is running and just driven 1300+ miles. I highly recommend everyone test their CHIT!!!. I have found multiple unforeseen issues.

    1. I need to fix the vent in my stock fuel tank.
    2. Install an E85 compatible AEM in-tank pump.
    3. Place a baby dent in my underhood for Throttle body clearance.
    4. Make and get boost juice.
    5. Force reaction balance all my wheels/tires.
    6. Probably send my big Fuelab prodigy pump in for repair & probably buy a backup spare. :O.
    7. Detail the hell out of the car.

    Seriously get testing everything.
    Chris' Current Stable:
    1990 35th SC - 441.89 RWHP/403.88 RWTQ - 11.820 @ 114.71

    https://www.facebook.com/theepicdrive/
    https://twitter.com/theepicdrive
    https://www.instagram.com/theepicdrive

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,736
    My progress is so slow i dont see having enough miles under my belt on the new ride to even attempt the trip at this point.
    93 SC Red Aod 4.2/2.3lwhipple 422rwhp 11.360
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    2018 Shootout Pro Street Runner Up
    Coming soon new motor 2300 TVS etc..
    90 35th aod stock, 90 5 speed Bolton Build in progress

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    My progress is so slow i dont see having enough miles under my belt on the new ride to even attempt the trip at this point.


    I haven't felt well enough to work on the car between 2wks of the stomach virus then getting carbon monoxide poisoning a week ago. :| FYI - regardless of how minor, if the the detector goes off and if you have ANY symptoms of CO poisoning, you need to go to the ER immediately. I didn't and it's going to take awhile to get over some of the neurological damage apparently. Glad to be alive still though!

    ALSO....We "remembered" that we have another commitment that same weekend too...not sure if Danielle will let me get out of it either.

    So my hopes of making it are dimming.... maybe I'll be able to have some Epic Work Commutes though.....that sounds lame.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,736
    If you lay off the mushrooms you wont get the tummy bug or hallucinations of you're garage door being open when it is not! Glad you are ok though



    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post


    I haven't felt well enough to work on the car between 2wks of the stomach virus then getting carbon monoxide poisoning a week ago. :| FYI - regardless of how minor, if the the detector goes off and if you have ANY symptoms of CO poisoning, you need to go to the ER immediately. I didn't and it's going to take awhile to get over some of the neurological damage apparently. Glad to be alive still though!

    ALSO....We "remembered" that we have another commitment that same weekend too...not sure if Danielle will let me get out of it either.

    So my hopes of making it are dimming.... maybe I'll be able to have some Epic Work Commutes though.....that sounds lame.
    93 SC Red Aod 4.2/2.3lwhipple 422rwhp 11.360
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    2018 Shootout Pro Street Runner Up
    Coming soon new motor 2300 TVS etc..
    90 35th aod stock, 90 5 speed Bolton Build in progress

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    Not doing anything until after March. Hoping to fix driver door hinges and ceramic coat the headers. I still don't know the cause of my intermittent tach issues, but hoping reduced underhood temperatures will help.
    Hey Kurt,
    It is after March sir! LOL! Done yet?
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........TBD
    506.30 rwhp, 545.37tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC View Post
    Hey Kurt,
    It is after March sir! LOL! Done yet?
    I looked at my car as I was heading out of town last weekend for a wedding. I have another wedding to attend this weekend. Not to mention all of the kid's baseball/softball games are starting up. At this point, I'm hoping the intermittent tach issues just don't leave me stranded.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    If you lay off the mushrooms you wont get the tummy bug or hallucinations of you're garage door being open when it is not! Glad you are ok though
    lol...I do dumb stuff without help. This was from the furnace though!

    I'm hoping I'll be able to get some work done this weekend! I did make a purchase that will hopefully inspire me to get moving on the car - Brian's long tube headers. Hopefully the small amount of extra work won't bog me down.

    Make sure Amanda gets and shares some post-op videos! lol....Jacob coming off of the anesthesia should be beyond entertaining!
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    21,038
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    lol...I do dumb stuff without help. This was from the furnace though!

    I'm hoping I'll be able to get some work done this weekend! I did make a purchase that will hopefully inspire me to get moving on the car - Brian's long tube headers. Hopefully the small amount of extra work won't bog me down.

    Make sure Amanda gets and shares some post-op videos! lol....Jacob coming off of the anesthesia should be beyond entertaining!
    Weird, everyone is adding long tube headers and I'm going back to medium length.

    Jacob, hope the surgery isn't anything serious.

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat.............10.597 @ 135.78

    My Garage

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    1,836
    Well new radiator, A/C Compressor, A/C hoses, and main belt are installed. Working on rear brake relocation brackets tonight for new rotors and pads.

    Going to do some Auto crossing next weekend in Louisville, so it will be a nice 6 hour drive, plus some hard handling to test everything out! LOL

    Just over a month left :
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........TBD
    506.30 rwhp, 545.37tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Weird, everyone is adding long tube headers and I'm going back to medium length.

    Jacob, hope the surgery isn't anything serious.

    David
    Impacted wisdom teeth dave it will just be very unpleasant! Plus I've been so busy the last couple weeks I haven't even touched the car. I need about a month of shakedown/debugging as a daily driver before I trust something on a trip like that. Plus I have alot of goofy wiring bs to sort out once i get it running. Too many unknowns. On top of that I can put the money I save on hotels twords finishing my red car. I have ALOT to do to it still and alot of stuff to buy. I still have to purchase a custom fuel cell fuel pump , an line, external fpr, intercooler tubing etc. Fabricate an inlet a return, fmic rework the trunk floor for a fuel cell. Then there is debugging and tuning. I also have to paint the new hood paint the engine bay paint both bumpers. Install the quick latch pins. Modify my down tubes for the new headers. Install v band clamps on the tailpipes. Oh not to mention I have to figure out the controller for the mark viii fans. Modify a few things to accommodate the full size radiator. Fabricate a 4" intake tube. Extend the wiring for my slot maf so I can relocate it. Replace all the hard lines for the brakes (found some rust when I dropped the tank) buy/install ss brake hoses. Wire a new switch for the od lockout. Install the new valve body and billet trans pan. Relocate the tranny cooler and make all new cooler lines(an) install the trans temp guage. Then I will be ready for milwauke....if I get all that done....and that's a big if in such a short time frame.
    93 SC Red Aod 4.2/2.3lwhipple 422rwhp 11.360
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    2018 Shootout Pro Street Runner Up
    Coming soon new motor 2300 TVS etc..
    90 35th aod stock, 90 5 speed Bolton Build in progress

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Epic Drive Headcount
    By Quik95SC in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2019, 04:09 PM
  2. Offical 2019 Epic Drive Itinerary
    By Wzenheimer in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2019, 10:30 PM
  3. 2019 Epic Drive May 17 - 19, 2019
    By Wzenheimer in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2019, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •