what happens when you have a foot of snow fall on your car?

pro street rich

Well the other week we had a big snow storm and everywhere there was snow sitting. Well I had parked a pair of 35th's next to my big building for the winter. I have done this before with no issues. Well this year it got warm right after it had snowed. then add to that we had a 1/2 " of rain. what do you think happened when all that snow got wet?? it all slid off the roof and landed right n top of both cars... end result, I now have two roofs that have been pushed in.. one of them is down about 8" the other is not as bad.. both of them are toast now.... Oh well that is how some things go.. Both cars were not super nice but they are both now going to be parted out...Live and learn some times.....Rich

Avg. 20# cu.ft. - ouch. One would be bad enough, but two :(

Either have a moonroof? Insurance...comp, at least?

Last edited:
no insurance on them

Avg. 20# cu.ft. - ouch. One would be bad enough, but two :(

Either have a moonroof? Insurance...comp, at least?

They were both cars that I was going to part out. one does have a roof, and as luck would have it that is the one that was not crushed too bad.. the roof looks to be all good.....Rich

They were both cars that I was going to part out. one does have a roof, and as luck would have it that is the one that was not crushed too bad.. the roof looks to be all good.....Rich

That sucks, must have been quite a shock to go outside and see that. The snow and ice this year has been pretty crazy.

updates to damage

Well now that some of the snow has gone away I took a good look at both cars. The damage is two roof's pushed it two hoods damaged and one trunk lid as well as one rear side window.. Oh well they were parts cars so it is not as bad as one of my toys.. So there you have it....snow is very heavy BUT when it slides off a 12' building's roof it does do some damage....Rich

Back