Thread: what happens when you have a foot of snow fall on your car?

what happens when you have a foot of snow fall on your car?

Well the other week we had a big snow storm and everywhere there was snow sitting. Well I had parked a pair of 35th's next to my big building for the winter. I have done this before with no issues. Well this year it got warm right after it had snowed. then add to that we had a 1/2 " of rain. what do you think happened when all that snow got wet?? it all slid off the roof and landed right n top of both cars... end result, I now have two roofs that have been pushed in.. one of them is down about 8" the other is not as bad.. both of them are toast now.... Oh well that is how some things go.. Both cars were not super nice but they are both now going to be parted out...Live and learn some times.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Avg. 20# cu.ft. - ouch. One would be bad enough, but two

Either have a moonroof? Insurance...comp, at least?
    Last edited by KMT; 02-12-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Ouch, that really bites. Sorry to hear it.

no insurance on them

Quote Originally Posted by KMT View Post
    Avg. 20# cu.ft. - ouch. One would be bad enough, but two

Either have a moonroof? Insurance...comp, at least?
    They were both cars that I was going to part out. one does have a roof, and as luck would have it that is the one that was not crushed too bad.. the roof looks to be all good.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    They were both cars that I was going to part out. one does have a roof, and as luck would have it that is the one that was not crushed too bad.. the roof looks to be all good.....Rich
    That sucks, must have been quite a shock to go outside and see that. The snow and ice this year has been pretty crazy.
    '93 SC 5-speed, PTE 6062 powered

ughh....that blows! Sorry to hear that, Rich.
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!

updates to damage

Well now that some of the snow has gone away I took a good look at both cars. The damage is two roof's pushed it two hoods damaged and one trunk lid as well as one rear side window.. Oh well they were parts cars so it is not as bad as one of my toys.. So there you have it....snow is very heavy BUT when it slides off a 12' building's roof it does do some damage....Rich