LCA ball joint

Englishbulldog

Replacing LCA ball joint on 91 TB SC. Looks like the new ones are only pressed in, no retaining clip. Is this correct, they are only pressed in?Am I going to run into problems pressing old ones out and new ones in?

LCA replacement

Thank you KMT for the recommendation on replacing LCA vs. pressing out ball joint. Question? - looking at LCA on rockauto and all their LCA state "except auto adjusting (or leveling)suspension". Autozone has their brand and theirs do not state this. What would the LCA have anything to do with the Automatic ride control? I would prefer to purchase moog parts at rock auto since I have heard duralast is made by moog but lower quality. Have a 1991 TB SC.

What would the LCA have anything to do with the Automatic ride control?

Lincoln Mk VIII's (FN10) of that time had auto-leveling computer-controlled air suspension, and shared some suspension parts w/the MN12 'bird, not to be confused w/the SC's ARC, I think.

Last edited:
I'm just a long time SC fan, and owner of a 1990 35th Anniversary SC since 2007, who happens to have been a mechanic in the past. Having reaped my share of help here, I strive to pay back by attempting to help other owners when I can.

Ken

Back