Ditched the EGR components on my 89 SC – need help on vacuum lines

Air2Mud

OK, as the title indicates I removed the EGR valve from my 89 SC. Yes, I sliced and diced just about every search phrase variant here and on the Web looking for REAL answers. So, a quest for real answers is the focus here.
But, gawd, what a ~~~~ *that* was removing the EGR! I swore I would not be putting the eff’ing thing back on after I tore the top end apart replacing the fuel pressure regulator which started this entire challenge
In removing the EGR stuff I ended up cutting off the bottom end of the tube using several sacrificial small cutoff wheels in my Dremel tool.
An EGR removal kit was ordered from SpinningWheels-SC but only the blocking plate intended for the air intake plenum assembly fit. The brass cap intended to cap off the fitting on the exhaust collector was too small. [See unnumbered picture below.] I ended up using somebody else’s brilliant idea of Penny at the bottom of the original tube capture nut. So much for the helpful EGR removal kit.
• The leftover EGR transducer – I’m assuming that whatever the hose was plugged into is gone, thanks to my enthusiastic effort to remove what it was plugged into. So I’m thinking it will be no big deal to simply block the tube – see photo #1 – and leave the connector in place (and protected) with the transducer still plugged in. I’ll find a new happy home for this remnant and tie wrap it somewhere out of the way. Does that make sense?
• Mystery vacuum(?) hose fitting – see photo #2/drawing. The back end of the supercharger/air intake plenum assembly has a 5/16"(?) hose fitting that dearly needs something connected to it. Any clue on what that connection might be? Yes, I thought I tagged and photographed everything during the tear down but this one got away.
• Passenger side PVC valve hook up – see photo #3. I dug up the business end of this assembly from over the valve cover just for photo purposes. The end swings down and it’s supposed to get connected to some sort of vacuum source. The far end of this deal is a hard plastic vacuum line that disappears down the rabbit hole to the interior. Presumably to so some sort of accumulator associated with interior heater/AC controls? So, what should this tubing end be hooked up to? Maybe extended to connect to the fitting shown in photo #2?
Any and all replies and clues are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
MDW

Attachments

• MySolution.jpg
    MySolution.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 73
  • EGR valve.jpg
    EGR valve.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Intake.jpg
    Intake.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 73
  • PassengerSidePVC.JPG
    PassengerSidePVC.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 73
These images from previous threads might help?

The red box in the one image illustrates a blocked off/non-EGR configuration. The tube end you circled in your image #2, is on the left in that box and goes to the PCV.
engine pic 2.JPG
PICT0029-pcv.JPG

Attachments

• egrlocations2.jpg
    egrlocations2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
These images from previous threads might help?

The red box in the one image illustrates a blocked off/non-EGR configuration. The tube end you circled in your image #2, is on the left in that box and goes to the PCV.
Two words: Wow and Thanks [you very much]. The fog is lifted!!!

MDW

Back