Motor mounts

Jeffg302

Looking for a set of 5.0 thunderbird motor mounts for a v8 swap I'm doing. Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks

have an idea for you

here is what I do when I am building a big block car. I hang the engine on an engine picker and take a hunk of card board and fit up the needed metal. then I cut the metal to fit and weld it up. Simple and easy, with no need to find anything odd. Hope this helps you....Rich

here is what I did

most of them I did with a carb and fuel cell so it was not an issue. The last one got FI so I had to put a fuel cell with a pump in it. The carb is the easy way and it is less money as well. This just means you got to know how to play with the carb... So does that help you out any??….Rich

V8 swap

Rich it does help. I have made the decision to go carb and would like to keep the stock fuel tank. I dont know if I can fashion up some sort of pickup tube for the stock tank and wire up a low pressure pump inline or if I can regulate the stock pump pressures to suit a carb. Also did you keep all the accesories like ac and power steering?

Last edited:
one I did

The first one I kept everything, but later ones I started to get rid of things that would not work or did not need. I would think you could justpull the pump out of the tank and leave the rest of the sending unit. then you could add a low pres pump in the back and be done with it. I got rid of the tank for more room for the exhaust. Anything else you want to know just ask....Rich

Back