03 Mustang V6 6g alternator in 95 SC, wiring questions!!

phils89sc

Hello everyone!

I though I submitted this yesterday, but I guess I was wrong.

To replace my failed SC Mitsubishi alternator in my 95 SC auto, I bought one from an 02-03 V6 Mustang at my local u-pull it. I had to modify the snout of the alternator to cut off the edge around the pulley shaft. This allowed my SC’s 8-rib pulley to fit. The alternator fits great, better than stock actually. The only other difference is in the plug wiring for the voltage regulator. The SC has a larger plug than the Mustang alternator and the Mustang alternator is missing the middle wire in the plug and uses two wires where the SC alternator uses all three wires. On the back of the SC alternator, the plug has the letters ‘I’ ‘S’ and ‘A’ on it. The Mustang alternator does not. I do have the whole pigtail for the Mustang alternator. What changes need to be made to the SC wiring to make this V6 alternator work?

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I though I submitted this yesterday, but I guess I was wrong.

To replace my failed SC Mitsubishi alternator in my 95 SC auto, I bought one from an 02-03 V6 Mustang at my local u-pull it. I had to modify the snout of the alternator to cut off the edge around the pulley shaft. This allowed my SC’s 8-rib pulley to fit. The alternator fits great, better than stock actually. The only other difference is in the plug wiring for the voltage regulator. The SC has a larger plug than the Mustang alternator and the Mustang alternator is missing the middle wire in the plug and uses two wires where the SC alternator uses all three wires. On the back of the SC alternator, the plug has the letters ‘I’ ‘S’ and ‘A’ on it. The Mustang alternator does not. I do have the whole pigtail for the Mustang alternator. What changes need to be made to the SC wiring to make this V6 alternator work?

Thanks

See this post for some pictures of the wiring pigtail.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?107109-6G-alternator&p=1033180#post1033180

David

Back