Thread: Sold - IRCM, used, '93

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sold - IRCM, used, '93

Sold IRCM - used, came off a wreck in 2015, untested, told it fits a 93 SC. P/N F1SF-12B577-AA L'
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KMT; 04-01-2019 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Sold

Would this work for any 89-93 SC? I have seen elsewhere that 93/94 is when some sort of change occurred.

What do the differences in part number mean? I have an 89 5-spd. Mine has gone bad and has part number E9SZ 12B577 A. Can I swap in this one?

Are bad units repairable? I'm wondering if after swapping in a replacement I can take my bad unit and eventually get it repaired to have on hand for future need.

Thanks,
    MP

Someone else has asked about it, but if they change their mind, I'll let you know. I've heard it will work on earlier models, but I can't confirm for sure. Some info about rebuilding is here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...93+cooling+fan

Are you sure yours is bad? What's the issue? How have you tested to confirm?

Thanks for the pointer to info on repair & troubleshooting. I obviously didn't look deep enough through the IRCM related threads I found.

The symptoms are the fan doesn't come on when the car is idling or at low speed. I have not had a warning light come on, but the gauge has been near red at low speed driving. It immediately cooled off when I got up to highway speeds and stayed cool until I hit traffic/stoplights. In hindsight, the first indication was what smelled like burning coolant when I would park the car in the garage, but I never found a leak or noted a high temp.

The shop I took it to tells me the unit tests bad, with the rest of the circuit and fan showing normal. The fan is just a couple years old with about 4k miles. I have already found an IRCM through TBSC Shop so I intend to swap it out. Then I'll see if I can rebuild this one using the info you pointed out for me. I'm not very mechanical, but willing to try when I find good directions.

If yours becomes available I would still be willing to buy it. I read another thread where someone claimed to have several on the shelf for when his inevitably died. It seems like a prudent course of action when feasible. Just wish I could find some shocks to put on the shelf.

Thanks,
    MP

If you have a code reader, hook it up, key on, engine off, then initiate a self-test. I'd be interested to know if the fan spins up as a result. Go ahead and run at least a full KOEO test to see if any codes come back, posting them here, thanks.

Ken
    Last edited by KMT; 03-31-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks, especially since I've now learned the SC is an ODB 1 vehicle and I don't have the correct scanner. Of course the port location is not where the one posted picture I found showed it, but I see it back near the passenger side firewall. There are two ports; EEC test & ARC/EVO test. I believe I need the EEC port for this check.

I'll get the correct scanner and get back to you.

MP