WTB 94/95 5spd SC

T McCammon

Looking for a sc 94-95 don’t care for the auto seat belts from earlier models. New to the forum. Location not that important for the right car

One owner 1995 Thunderbird SC 5 speed for sale...soon.

I have a one owner 1995 pearl white 5 speed SC I will be putting on the market soon. Are you still looking for one?

Thanks for the response. I am very busy right now taking care of elderly parents. I will try to get current pics and a description posted as soon as I can.

Pics and Details

I hope this is ok to post since it is not in the "for sale" section and since I have heard that you have to have at least 10 posts to post a "for sale" ad. If I am doing something wrong, I humbly apologize to those in charge and I understand if you take my post down.

Details: 1995 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe, 5 speed, pearl white, 130,000 miles. I purchased the car new back in November, 1994 and have been the only owner. I consider the car to be in good shape for its age. I will not say it is in excellent shape as I deem an "excellent shape" car to be in showroom condition. The exterior is in good shape with only a few scuff marks which can probably be buffed out. There are some minor door dings, but nothing that I would consider to be a "dent". There is one scratch on the right rear bumper that I tried to buff out, but only made worse...but no damage to the bumper itself. The interior is in good condition except for the driver's seat which will need to have the sitting surface recovered. I did not take any pics of the interior at this time because I'm still cleaning on it. Most of the car's life has been spent on pavement, but the last two years I've lived in the country on a gravel road, so it's hard to keep the interior from getting dusty. Also, I did nothing special with the car except power wash it before taking the pics, so you're seeing the car in its "work clothes".

The car has been my "daily driver" for close to 25 years. Obviously, I don't put on many miles/year and very few now that I'm retired. The only reason I'm selling the car is because I'm older now, have become lazy and don't like to roll through the gears anymore. The car is not perfect, but I think it still has a lot of life left in it and would make someone a good car. Oh...location...I live just outside of Columbia, Missouri in central Missouri. I would be selling the car "as is" with no warranty expressed or implied. I feel like someone could pick up the car and drive it anywhere, but, it's 25 years old, so I can't guarantee it. I drove it to Kansas City last week (130 miles one way) and had no trouble...got right at 29 mpg doing 65-70 mph.

Price: Based on KBB and NADA values, I am asking $3000 for the car. This includes the original window sticker, original dealer's brochure and the big, thick shop manual for a 1995 Thunderbird which I purchased online.

Those are the details. I don't know how you can get in touch with me right now because I don't have enough posts to PM and I don't want to leave my email address in an open post because it is too descriptive. Maybe you can leave your email address if interested and if you feel comfortable enough to do it. Thanks so much for viewing!

Attachments

• DSCN1828a (2).JPG
    DSCN1828a (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • DSCN1829a (2).JPG
    DSCN1829a (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
  • DSCN1832a (2).JPG
    DSCN1832a (2).JPG
    928.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN1833a.JPG
    DSCN1833a.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
Options...

I forgot to mention options. I ordered the car with all the options available except auto tranny and premium sound system. I can't remember what options were available at the time, but it has leather seats, moon roof, etc. It does have the original 4 speaker stereo with cassette, which I just put back in the car. I had used a nice stereo system of my own and wanted to keep it.

Sc

I forgot to mention options. I ordered the car with all the options available except auto tranny and premium sound system. I can't remember what options were available at the time, but it has leather seats, moon roof, etc. It does have the original 4 speaker stereo with cassette, which I just put back in the car. I had used a nice stereo system of my own and wanted to keep it.

I’m interested. Have family in MO. Can you email me at rablue783@yahoo.com and we can talk.

Thanks,
Randall

Dibs

Dibs...good point. I guess I'll take them in the order of the postings on the thread. I'll give TMcCammon a chance to respond, then I'll contact Randall and Cyboman will be third in line. Fair?

Additional information

I found my file on my car with all my receipts through the years. Some additional information: In 2006 at the 88k mile point the engine had a bearing go bad. I had the engine rebuilt and DID NOT put a replacement engine in it. I have had no problems with the engine since it has been rebuilt. In 2017 at 123k miles, the clutch went out of it. The repair shop I took it to resurfaced the flywheel and installed a new slave cylinder, but said they could not find a new replacement clutch disc so they installed a used clutch disc which they said had "about half its life" left in it. They claimed they tried to find a new clutch disc with three different suppliers, but could not find one. They are a local shop with a good reputation, so I took their word for it. They said the first gear syncro was not in good shape but would last a long time the way it was and, since I didn't put many miles on it, not to worry about it until later. It does grind a little at certain times when dropping down into 1st gear while the car is moving. I had an air conditioner leak fixed last year and had cold AC all summer, but have not checked it yet this year...will do so sometime this week. The power steering pump whines, but it has whined ever since I bought the car. I'm in the process of replacing some dashboard lights, one fog light and the ride control switch in the console (which got broken somehow the last time it was in the shop). Like I said, I wasn't quite ready to sell, but thought I'd better respond on this thread while I had the chance.

Another '95 to look at

For those of you who may still be looking for a '95 I could be convinced to part with mine. It used to be a pretty well known car around here - I don't know that it still is, but the details can be found here, in the Garage Section:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=53

It's easier to have you look at the details here than have me list them again. There might be one or two differences from what is listed than what is on the car now, but any changes would be minor and would only be an addition to what is already there. For example, the front seats were recovered last fall and the car probably has about 5000 miles on it now.

So if anyone is interested they can either send me a PM or drop me an email at ira [dot] robinson (at) gmail [dot] com.

Another '95 to look at

For those of you who may still be looking for a '95 I could be convinced to part with mine. It used to be a pretty well known car around here - I don't know that it still is, but the details can be found here, in the Garage Section: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=53

It's easier to have you look at the details here than have me list them again. There might be one or two differences from what is listed than what is on the car now, but any changes would be minor and would only be an addition to what is already there. For example, the front seats were recovered last fall and the car probably has about 5000 miles on it now.

So if anyone is interested they can either send me a PM or drop me an email at ira [dot] robinson (at) gmail [dot] com.
The car is now garaged in Forida

Thank you all for the interest. I am sorry I did not respond yesterday, but I'm busy helping take care of my elderly parents so I'm not always online everyday. T McCammon has expressed interest and supplied his email address, so I will be talking with him first.

Dibs order

Caifan, thank you for responding. Right now the dibs order is T McCammon, Randall Burnett, Cyboman and Caifan. I sent T McCammon an email this evening.

Back