Just looking for some help please

Coldjensens

We have a 1989 Supercoupe our son left at our house when he moved away. We paid for most of it so he said to just sell it and try to get some of our money back. It has a blown head gasket. We do not know whether it is worth getting the head gasket fixed or selling it as is. Also we understand it can be hard to find someone who can competently replace the head gasket. Looking for advice.

1989 Supercoupe manual transmission. About 170,000 miles I think. I will update it when I remember to check.

Exterior: Paint has failed. Some plastic parts (bumper covers ect) need to be replaces, but we have the parts. One fender was replaced and has primer only. I see no rust on the body. Surface rust on the undercarriage but no serious issues. It was babied by the prior owner.

Interior Headliner is in tatters. Cloth interior is dirty and worn. No holes that i saw. Rear window deck needs replacement, upper dash pad thingy has some cracks in it. Electric windows all work fine. Electric drivers seat works. I did not check anything else.

Mechanical:
Head gasket blown (coolant side). Suspension selector stuck in "Firm" Radio was re-wired for aftermarket and the wiring is a mess. There is no radio and someone will have to sort out the wiring for a radio to work. It had the premium JBL system originally.

That is all I know about it. I can post pictures if that would be helpful. what parts need to be depicted?

Thank you.

Good morning,

People here will want to know where it is located. It sounds like a fixer upper if there isn't any rust on the car. Good luck with the sale.

Edit - people will want to see photos. Any information you have around any mods (if any) that might have been performed on the car.

In the condition it sounds to be in, I don't think replacing the headgaskets is going to help you end up with more money in your pocket. Probably should just sell it as-is, especially if you're looking at paying someone to do the work.

Back