Daily Driver 91 SC

psychicmechanic

I was a Ford tech back in 1990 and always wanted a SC.

Picked up this low mile'r, had the AT rebuilt, upgraded the stereo and a few other minor details.

This will be daily driven until summer is over and I will pull the motor for a mild performance rebuild.

Sorry not the best pic...

~Psychic~

20190326_193156.jpg

Very Nice!! I'm in Spokane ever this way let me know.
Creighton

Attachments

• IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    805.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome - and I am in PDX.

Here is a pic from when I found it hiding in the back of the Portland Rescue Mission used car lot.

They dropped the price to $800.00 AFTER I put down a deposit. I drove it strait to the trans shop in second gear.

~Psychic~

IMG_1681.JPG

Current status:

I rebuilt the engine last summer with some hop-ups.
Interior WAS spotless until I dumped a full peppermint mocha. Taking the carpet out for soundproofing anyways.

Completing alarm and stereo system install
Full soundproofing install
Needs 1 inch lowering springs ordered and installed
Exhaust system (trying to choose what mufflers to use)

PXL_20210517_044054749.NIGHT.jpg
I

Looks great ! Its very hard to find a good sounding exhaust. I'm on my 3rd system (from headers to exhaust tips). See garage link below for details on current system.

It took a lot of playing and experimenting to get my exhaust sounding decent on my XR7. What I ended up with is true dual 2.5” pipes, high flow cats, a magnaflow dual in/out 18” x-pipe muffler mid-mounted, then a pair of thrush welded mufflers out back. This setup has minimal drone on the highway, and sounds good at WOT and idle. It does drone a bit around 60mph, but at 75+ it sounds pretty good. If you aren’t going for lots of power, doing 2.25” pipes instead would quiet the system down a lot. Definitely keep the cats though, as they help a lot with reducing drone.

Back