Makes little boost and hesitates at WOT only when cold. When warm all is great

potshotscott

I seem to be having a problem much like what is described here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...e-boost-advice&highlight=hesitation+when+cold

I did have the intercooler tubes off to do my PS Pump this winter. I just pulled them all and found that I forgot to seal the IC tube to SC hat with a gasket. Car still runs the same when cold. Am I looking for leaks outside of the IC tubing? Not sure what I'm looking for. Anyone have any YouTubes I could watch on how to test this?

Edit: I've already done the following:

1. Plug wires (plugs were new two years ago)
2. Resealed the intercooler tubes
3. Torqued all my exhaust manifold nuts/bolts

Last edited:
Making huge progress on this. Pulled codes and am working on that but in the mean time cleaned the MAF very well and the car runs as it should now.

Last edited:
Did that cleaning take place off the car? If so maybe just re-socketing the connector had an effect... But yes, they do like clean ;)

Yes - removed the assembly and cleaned off car. Had reseated the connector once before with no change. Could see visible build-up.

I believe I've found the other source of my headaches. I've got a dead engine coolant temp sensor. It reads like 35K Ohms when cold. Should read like 5K Ohms - registers code 118.

I'm going to drain a gallon of coolant or so (clean milk jug) and then replace the ECT sensor and the thermostat while I'm in there. Should clear things right up. The ECT sender seems fine.

Back