After a VERY long hiatus, I'm back

91supacoop

I moved from MI to NY and didn't have the money, time or space to work on my SC. It's a CMRE stage 2 with a 1.7L AR on it with all the bolt-ons under the sun. It sat virtually untouched for 10 years and the other day I decided to pull it out of the garage and give it a bath. Three tires held air, the other one wouldn't even pretend for a minute or two. Like an idiot I left the e-brake on all this time so they were super frozen. Anyway, it's clean and safely back in the garage, but I think I got the bug again! I plan on doing a new pump, installing an oil pressure sensor, brakes and tires. I think that should be enough to take her for a few joyrides once in a while. Long term are tranny, wheels, suspension, and bodywork. Or maybe it'll sit for another 10 years. Anyway, here's a pic of my flock.

Out of curiosity, is my setup still respectable or has the technology and community advanced significantly?

Cheers all!

20190601_121121.jpg

Last edited:
Sc

Looks and sounds respectable. Happen to like the black car as well..lol

I’m over in Poughkeepsie NY. Have many SC parts, if you need anything let me know.

Randall

I must say those headlights on the SC are REALLY shiny. I love the 1994-1995 style and interior especially but the 89-93 headlights always look SHARP.

Looks and sounds respectable. Happen to like the black car as well..lol

I’m over in Poughkeepsie NY. Have many SC parts, if you need anything let me know.

Randall

Ya know.... Your name sounds familiar.I think I may have bought a bumper from you eons ago. If you are who I am thinking of, you had about 10 SCs (maybe they weren't all SCs, maybe there were other mn12s too, it's been a while) to pick parts from. Well... Some may not have been for parts, maybe they were being kept whole

I must say those headlights on the SC are REALLY shiny. I love the 1994-1995 style and interior especially but the 89-93 headlights always look SHARP.

They get so yellow in the sun so I'm sure I replaced them when I got the car. IIRC they were $155 a piece at the time and they make the car look so much better it's a no brainier. Over never owned or been in a 94-95 but they definitely look more plush and luxurious. Exterior though I don't like how they rounded all the corners.

We're way beyond your setup.

You need things like a 94-95 MAF, ZR Motorsports intake or a MAC intake. The top dogs all run a Magnum Powers taller blower top, Magnum Powers bigger inlet plenum, 94-95 Blower and a 10% blower pulley. We're beating Ice Cream trucks like they're going out of style. Not to mention the Chevy Geo's. We have to be pushing at least 500-600 RWHP these days with that list of parts. :D

I like it. Old school CMRE stage 2 engine. Got to love it.

Welcome back. Your last name isn't Kotter, is it?

so who has that setup??

The cool SC kids are all getting NASCAR motors and turbos, but a 1.7 AR and CMRE engine is still respectable.

David

How many nascar/turbo cars are there?? I have not seen one yet that is running. Cassey had that one but I heard it was all apart again? Corey sold all has stuff?? so who is left????….Rich

Back