94 SC cranks but won't start

jacobhobbs08

Hello all. I bought a SC a few months ago that i had to put the engine back into. I followed all the steps in the service manual and the car is together and will crank when the key is turned.
My issue is that I have zero fuel pressure and I can't hear the pump prime. I show 0 psi at the fuel rail with a pressure gauge.
Since its a 94 SC, I have tried tapping the relays in the IRCM and still no fuel pump. I have checked the inertia/shutoff switch in the drivers side trunk and that is fine.
The only thing I hear if i cycle the key to Run and then back off is a clicking noise from the passenger side rear.

I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any insights?

Hello all. I bought a SC a few months ago that i had to put the engine back into. I have zero fuel pressure and I can't hear the pump prime. I

Did you check for codes?

Did you re-attach the injector ground at back of the driver's side head?

This page is for early, but it might help to isolate the issue: http://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/

Main thing in these examples is to confirm that all grounds have been put back, including the one from the pass. side motor mount over to the body, near the bottom of the airbox. A factory EVTM is your friend for tracing them down, etc.

Was the EEC removed? If so, did you tighten the connector's center bolt? Is there at least 11.2v in the battery, key off?

Last edited:
Similar issue - please help!

Edit for content as my problem has shifted. Here's what I now know:

In 1994 SC measure 12V at pin 11 on the IRCM/CCRM module near the air cleaner (probe the back side of the module harness while its connected). You should have 12V coming from the Fuel Pump power distribution circuit. From there if your IRCM works correctly you should have 12V going out on pin 5 at the IRCM/CCRM connector to the inertia switch in the back. From the inertia switch as you know it feeds the fuel pump.

Check out page 5 of this PDF:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69815&d=1559360487

Also - ignore page 1 as it's for the N/A 3.8 gutless wonder

Last edited:
Back