What's new in the car world these days?

"Well, let's see.... GM announced the new 'Vette will be mid-engined, and, oh yeah, there's a new movie about how Ford did that some 50 years ago..."

Nice spin on the news. But lets not forget all the Fiero Based kit cars. So timeline gap is a little shorter :eek:

But lets talk about the future of Ford now. How will SUVs, Trucks and Mustangs ONLY sales are going to affect the company. And how the Chinese is grabbing them by the ballz and being the poster child for the China US trade deals. Future might hold a mergeer between Ford and GM to compete with Fiat, VW and the other big Japanese guys.

It will be nice to see that history told again, especially on the big screen. Will be fun to see what if any effect that movie has on Ford GT values. Have to admit I'm short on Ken Miles background, tho - hope Hollywood didn't tweak it too far from the truth.

It will be nice to see that history told again, especially on the big screen. Will be fun to see what if any effect that movie has on Ford GT values. Have to admit I'm short on Ken Miles background, tho - hope Hollywood didn't tweak it too far from the truth.

How much higher do you think the pricing will go?

* Kit cars have no provenance so I don't anticipate their value changing much although I'm sure Superformance, RCR and Factory Five will see an order bump just like how puppy mills unload a bunch of chihuahuas or commercial features them prominently.

* Original GT40s are already at stupid pricing. See this one with actual "history". How much higher can they go?
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0073-1966-ford-gt40-mk-ii/692159

* The first gen (2000s) Ford GTs are way above their list price; the second gens are still unobtanium with few examples hitting the market at stupid pricing b/c of scarcity.

How much higher do you think the pricing will go?

Like you said, they are already up there. I expect all versions (including the better diecasts) will go up, but it's the originals I'm keeping an eye on...problem with that level is most of the deals are never made public.

It is always about business and marketing strategy. Keeping an eye first on the market interest plus competitor price.

Back