2019 Midwest Bash - Head Count

I'm going stag. I figure a large collection of SCs will attract lots of babes to choose from. lol

...Based on Supercharged95's comment in another thread..."You met a gal at a race and then arranged a date at a hotel afterwards?.... the bird gets 'em everytime!" :)

Have fun this year guys the 50% chance of rain is just too much risk for me. 7hr drive 3 vacation days gas hotels food just isnt worth it. I can stop worrying about busting ~~~ to swap transmissions also. Hopefully the weather works out for you guys best of luck

Last edited:
Have fun this year guys the 50% chance of rain is just too much risk for me. 7hr drive 3 vacation days gas hotels food just isnt worth it. I can stop worrying about busting ~~~ to swap transmissions also. Hopefully the weather works out for you guys best of luck

:(:(:(:(:(

Not likely to be trailering my SC with current rainy forecast. Will wait until seeing weather forecast Thursday to decide.

David

Latest forecast shows a 30% chance of rain Saturday evening and 50% chance on Sunday. Looks like the car show and maybe the cruise will be dry. Clearly still iffy on the drag racing. I'm coming anyway! This is the Midwest and the actual weather rarely exactly matches the forecast, which will change a few more times between now and Sunday anyway!

My car, truck and trailer are waterproof. 9 hour drive and I am still going. The weather forecasters dabble in black magic anyway. Predicting weather next to a great lake is iffy at best.
Like I just told my nephew, it is all about the drive, cars, racing and especially the people.
To cancel because of a little rain in the forecast makes no sense to me.
Alan

you got it

My car, truck and trailer are waterproof. 9 hour drive and I am still going. The weather forecasters dabble in black magic anyway. Predicting weather next to a great lake is iffy at best.
Like I just told my nephew, it is all about the drive, cars, racing and especially the people.
To cancel because of a little rain in the forecast makes no sense to me.
Alan

The weather for today was 30% and all we got was a few drops a couple of times. Not anything to even put the top up for if you got a conv... I think the real reason is some people did not get their cars done in time to make the trip...just saying???lol....Rich

Had a concern about the truck overheating. That turned out to be a false alarm. All's good for the trip. Leaving in the morning.

The weather for today was 30% and all we got was a few drops a couple of times. Not anything to even put the top up for if you got a conv... I think the real reason is some people did not get their cars done in time to make the trip...just saying???lol....Rich

I got my car done yesterday.. chance of rain Sunday is now 80% I made the right call

great to hear you got it done

I got my car done yesterday.. chance of rain Sunday is now 80% I made the right call

Great to hear your car is done. We all are going to have a great weekend no matter what the weather does. The last forecast does have rain, BUT it said to be over by 7:00am so there should be plenty of time for track drying and racing on sunday. We are all going to make the best of whatever comes our way. This is all about the people, cars, and friends getting together for a great weekend and that is what we are going to have....Cars don't melt from rain nor do people....SO LET THE FUN BEGIN....Rich

I would still have gone regardless of forcast had it been closer. Trailering a car that far and burning vacation days to get rained on is not worth it to me.

less than 400 miles

I would still have gone regardless of forcast had it been closer. Trailering a car that far and burning vacation days to get rained on is not worth it to me.

Less than 400 miles?? and how far was it to clay city for the rain.. Whatever maybe next year got to get to work here.....Rich

$200 in gas
$200 for food/beer
$350 for 3 nights in hotel
$40/50 in tolls
3 vacation days
Missing my kid(s) band contest sat night
$1100 for not working sat/sun

And more than half the people have/will bail for weather including my travel buddys. To sit in my hotel room in the rain all weekend.... yeah I will pass sorry not sorry.

Last edited:
Back