Facelift finally finished!

Norm-L

SCCoA Member
I've missed driving my SC since last summer. I don't think I've been able to do 50 miles this year. That's gonna change cuz I'm not making any more changes for a while. I'm burnt out...for now. After building new blacked-out quad-projector headlights, tinting my taillights and modifying my hood and bumper, this is how it turned out. I'm hoping to get it to the Midwest Bash. Still working on that.

DSCN2363sm.jpg
DSCN2364sm.jpg
DSCN2382sm.jpg
DSCN2372sm.jpg

looks great...

Now if you want it to look really good get it up to Wisconsin for the Midwest bash.. We all would love to drool all over it for you...lol... hope to see you up here....Rich

Your ride looks killer, can't beat a black late model Supercoupe...………..:D

The only thing I would say is that it's needs to be lowered, at least it looks like it isn't.

It's lowered...not much

It has the 3/4" drop. I like the look of the lower drop but there were practical reasons that limited me. Unfortunately I had to settle.

Looks really nice! Did you modify the factory steel hood or is this a glass hood? Like the personal touches.

-Tim

Original hood

This is the original steel 95 hood. I got a donor Mustang GT hood from the junkyard and bought the scoop online. This all coincided with building the new headlights. I knew I was going to have to give the hood a new contour to match the 96 headlights, so it was just the right time to do all of it. There were also some defects under the paint that have bothered me for a long time so that got cured too.

I created the shape with some welding rod. filled in the top and bottom with some sheet metal, and fitted the center of the Mustang hood. Some of the original hood's body lines toward the rear corners of the hood were still exposed, so that had to be beaten flat since the donor was giving it a conflicting line.
I was pressed for time, so I had to use the newly modified hood for now, but bonding fiberglass to steel in a high heat area is never going to last, so this winter, the hood's coming off to have the mold made so I can make the final product, either out of fiberglass or carbon.
I will certainly be open to the idea of making more of them if anyone's interested.

The headlights and the bumper cover were the real challenges, though, with a lot of obstacles to overcome.

DSC00447sm.jpg

DSC00452sm.jpg

DSC00458sm.jpg

Bumper fusion...pun intended.

Looks incredible, Norm! :cool:

Looks like some Mustang GT pieces went into the bumper cover too?

I hadn't thought of it, but I can see why you think so. Actually, the lower part of the bumper is scavenged from a 2017 Fusion bumper, built out and blended in with expanding foam. I used the foam to tone-down the air inlets, too. And I got rid of the license plate mounting points.

DSC00524sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back