Teflon or antiseize when installing retrofit r134a fittings to r12 hoses?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Just wondering what you guys recomend to put on the threads when installing the new r134a fittings to existing r12 hoses. Teflon or antiseize? Or nothing?

Thanks for any input.

I've seen some of the kits recommend a 'dry sealant'. I'd assume that to be teflon tape, but I wouldn't go nuts with it, keeping in mind it can make it easier to overtorque fittings if not careful, compounded by them frequently being aluminum, so...

If the mating is already flanged/o-ringed, clean and dry works for me.

I've seen some of the kits recommend a 'dry sealant'. I'd assume that to be teflon tape, but I wouldn't go nuts with it, keeping in mind it can make it easier to overtorque fittings if not careful, compounded by them frequently being aluminum, so...

Excellent.

Gracias, Ken!

Alright we will try the dry sealant as well when we start working on the '90 Tbird SC, just need to finish first the installation of the parts from 4WheelOnline on the current truck project.

Back