Official: Stuff you have left to do before the midwest bash thread.

ran into another issue

well as I posted before I went and spent some money on a lentech trans for my 35th. So now I am ready to hook up the shifter only to find out that the shifter arm in the trans is installed upside down. So now I have to come up with a fix or pull this darn thing apart and ship it back to them.... Not a happy guy right now.....Rich

Ready to go

It looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Out of the garage and ready to go.

Attachments

• Resized952019091495132953952592.jpg
    Resized952019091495132953952592.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 151
Yesterday I helped Matt make new downturbes for his headers. Then he helped me get a big jump on my transmission swap. I wont get to work on it again until wed but Mike is coming over a day early to help me finish it! The tune is actualy pretty decent and the car runs strong other than it not wanting to go into 2nd gear so that should be resolved with the other transmission.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1568634991236.jpg
    FB_IMG_1568634991236.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 124
Yes sir - thanks again Jacob!

So, I've got 25miles of open-header driving and 25miles of complete exhaust system driving on all the work. Is that enough? lol No leaks, PS works great....nice to finally enjoy the car again.

I finally took the valve covers off to check the hot lash and adjust. Hopefully will be a bit quieter now. Apparently the gaps widen by about .010" when the engine is hot!

Yes sir - thanks again Jacob!

So, I've got 25miles of open-header driving and 25miles of complete exhaust system driving on all the work. Is that enough? lol No leaks, PS works great....nice to finally enjoy the car again.

I finally took the valve covers off to check the hot lash and adjust. Hopefully will be a bit quieter now. Apparently the gaps widen by about .010" when the engine is hot!

Not a problem you've helped me a million times!

been following this post....Wish I had time to work on my car and swap motors, miss hanging out with you all!!!

I'm showing a 50% chance of rain all day Sunday Going to call and cancel my hotel reservations hopefully next year works out better.

this is your choice

I'm showing a 50% chance of rain all day Sunday Going to call and cancel my hotel reservations hopefully next year works out better.

The weather for this weekend is NOT a wash out. fri 20% chance and 80 sat is 30% chance and 76 and sunday is also 30% with a temp of 74. they are talking that if it does rain it will be at night on sunday. So if you want to miss out on all the fun and seeing all your old friends then that is your choice... I say let it run and come out and meet all your bud's for a weekend of great times.....Rich

Trying to stay committed

I never let my car get wet...not in 11 years. That said, I also almost never get the chance to get outta town for a weekend. I'm borrowing an enclosed trailer, so as of now, I'm going regardless of the weather. I'll be disappointed if I go all the way there and never get the car out of the trailer, but not so disappointed as to regret hanging out with everybody who shows up. I still want to have some fun. Besides, I've missed events I really wanted to attend because the forecasters called for rain, only to find out it was sunny for the whole event. I hope they're wrong again.
The only issue is that the truck pulling the trailer may have a cooling issue. If so, I'll be scrounging around trying to find another truck to use.

Back