Official: Stuff you have left to do before the midwest bash thread.

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Let's see what you guys have going on!

I still have to:

Replace brake booster (again)
Install wideband
Install qh
Setup new tuning laptop
Install wiper motor/cowl
Install hood
Replace multifunction switch
Plates
Insurance
Swap wheels
Locate some slicks to borrow(my drag radials would be bad with a five speed)
Swap diff for 3.27 I have
Swap speedo gear
Tune the car(should be easy nothing crazy just bolt ons)
Swap seats(car has junky sho seats I have a mint set of grey cloth)
Install manual seat tracks during swap
Fix the auto seat belts (i have good ones) or Manual belt swap.
Clean the hell out of it detail wash/wax
Locate some spare halfshafts
Find/fix ac leak only holds vacuum for 2 minutes :( had no dryer when i got it so replaced it and all the seals under the hood plus the line that has the orfice tube.

got some slicks here

Jacob, my son has a set for sale if you need some. Look up to see if they would work for you... His handle is Nasty V6.... Rich

Jacob, my son has a set for sale if you need some. Look up to see if they would work for you... His handle is Nasty V6.... Rich

I believe I have located a set I can use. I switched to 275/60/15"et po radials on my red car they are sweet with an auto! I'd say instant broken crap with a five speed

order a new flex plate

well I found out that this new trans needs another flex plate so now I have to order one and wait for it to come... oh well then it is down to clean wash and put the tires on it....Rich

I miss those days! I enjoyed that mode of sc ownership for a couple years then decided to tear my crap down and start building another car in the middle of it while I was waiting on parts

Jacob,

Did all my mods for the year in the Spring. I'm just planning to put a mix of race gas and pump gas in it, and run on the race tune all weekend.

David

MTsAJw.jpg

cTz8Ek.jpg

kykDCu.jpg

Got alot done yesterday! Mike Inch, Dan Thornsberry and Matt Haub all stopped by to help out!

Brake booster replaced
Hood latch cable and handle installed
Seat swap mostly done (missing a few pieces I have next few days)
Mtxl wideband and boost guage installed and wideband js wired to the egr so no need for the serial to parallel adapter bs!

Also discovered the wiper motor is jacked up so ordered a new one.

Still need to :

Install wiper motor and hood
Install qh
Swap diff
Tune
Fix ac

I ordered an el cheapo digital temp gauge to fill the empty hole in my pod. I couldn't justify spending the $ on a innovate guage on a free car. All the factory crap works but I didnt want an open hole. I also think better temp monitoring is important. I'm going to go ahead and wire it before I put the pod back in.

got my butt kicked

Well I got my butt kicked this weekend. I have been working on this car to get it ready . I wanted to put in a different trans so I ordered one and pulled out the old one. Then the fun started, The new trans has a "SFI" bell housing so when I put it up the flywheel was too big to fit into the bell housing. so out it came again and we ordered a new flywheel to fit. Got it and again put it up only to find out that the bolt pattern was wrong on the convertor, so we ordered a new one of that. Got the new convertor and put it all back together only to see there was a extra piece on the convertor that was hitting the flywheel. So now it is time to wait for yet another convertor that should fit. I sure hope so and YES I should have checked everything better before I got into this mess.. When this is done I still have some interior work as well some wires to run. Maybe it will be ready for the bash otherwise I guess I will have to bring something else....rich

Well I got my butt kicked this weekend. I have been working on this car to get it ready . I wanted to put in a different trans so I ordered one and pulled out the old one. Then the fun started, The new trans has a "SFI" bell housing so when I put it up the flywheel was too big to fit into the bell housing. so out it came again and we ordered a new flywheel to fit. Got it and again put it up only to find out that the bolt pattern was wrong on the convertor, so we ordered a new one of that. Got the new convertor and put it all back together only to see there was a extra piece on the convertor that was hitting the flywheel. So now it is time to wait for yet another convertor that should fit. I sure hope so and YES I should have checked everything better before I got into this mess.. When this is done I still have some interior work as well some wires to run. Maybe it will be ready for the bash otherwise I guess I will have to bring something else....rich

What time are we planning on racing Sunday?

track opens at 8:00

What time are we planning on racing Sunday?

The track opens at 8:00 and we can start then. Everyone can get in some test runs and then we will work thru the racing from there. We can play as long as we want and everyone should get in as many runs as they want....Rich

If I end up going, it will likely be in my 95. I need to change some suspension parts and tires, and figure out my check engine light.

Back