Official: Stuff you have left to do before the midwest bash thread.

Jacob - I have an extra set of slicks and wheels you're more than welcome to use and abuse. The ones I bought from Kurt K in 2008 and used until about 2014 I think. :eek:

Got the expansion plugs changed out and ordered a rebuilt PS rack, PS pump...this weekend just freed up somewhat, so I'm hoping to maybe the the car running again!

- Reinstall motor
- Install different 5-speed
- Install long tube headers / rework exhaust
- Replace PS rack
- Replace PS pump
- reroute heater hoses to passenger side
- delete oil cooler
- install SCT Slot MAF
- Re-tune
- Drive the car
- Check hot valve lash / adjust
- Clean it up some and hope it holds together

Well I got my butt kicked this weekend. I have been working on this car to get it ready . I wanted to put in a different trans so I ordered one and pulled out the old one. Then the fun started, The new trans has a "SFI" bell housing so when I put it up the flywheel was too big to fit into the bell housing. so out it came again and we ordered a new flywheel to fit. Got it and again put it up only to find out that the bolt pattern was wrong on the convertor, so we ordered a new one of that. Got the new convertor and put it all back together only to see there was a extra piece on the convertor that was hitting the flywheel. So now it is time to wait for yet another convertor that should fit. I sure hope so and YES I should have checked everything better before I got into this mess.. When this is done I still have some interior work as well some wires to run. Maybe it will be ready for the bash otherwise I guess I will have to bring something else....rich

Rich,

Changing flywheel diameter may also cause issues with your starter.

David

already looked into that.

Rich,

Changing flywheel diameter may also cause issues with your starter.

David

The new flywheel and the bell housing along with the block plate are said to all work together. But then again they also said the world was flat, and pigs would fly. So I will see when we get the trans back and into the car....thanks for the heads up thou....Rich

https://vgy.me/u/SGYaS6

Syt1fB.jpg

Well it's on the road and drives good. I need to tune it now badly! But no leaks, 190f temp and 18psi of boost so its promising

moving right along here

Well after making the air VERY BLUE in the shop I did get this new transmission in the car. The big issue was they forgot to drill a hole in the block plate, found that before install. But then when everything was bolted in the starter bolt holes are off, again on the block plate. So now you got to take it apart and redrill them.. Boy it is so nice to buy quality parts from a name brand company like quick time/holley only to find out that they are just pounding out JUNK.
Well the bottom line is I got everything redrilled and put together. so now it is on to the rest of the car.....time is going on the rest of this car.. Rich

It's tough finding the time to work on the car, but made some progress....here's whats left:

- Install all engine accessories
- Install long tube headers / rework exhaust
- reroute heater hoses to passenger side
- install SCT Slot MAF
- Re-tune
- Drive the car
- Check hot valve lash / adjust
- Clean it up some and hope it holds together

IMG_4873.jpg

well went for a ride tonight.

Well I got my beast out of the shop today and took it for a ride. Everything with the exception of a couple of gauges worked fine. We drove to a cruise night eat some food and then came back home. Just before we got home I stopped on a quiet road and let it rip. I didn't use the trans brake but I tell you what, this thing took off with the rubber sticking to the road. tomorrow I will look at a couple of things but it does look to be ready to play in a few weeks.....Rich

Surprisingly caught up

I was 3 hours late for my appointed move-in time for the World of Wheels. I was cleaning until 4:30am the morning of the big All-Ford Show. I got 2 hours sleep before Artomobilia here in Indy. I have a really bad habit of dragging things out to the last minute. For once, I'm on schedule after securing transportation to the Bash yesterday. That was my last task that I needed to do.
I guess I could say there's one more thing I should need to do. Considering how susceptible I am to falling asleep on long drives, it would probably be good to find someone available to ride shotgun to keep me in check. I'll call that the last thing I need to do before the bash.
I'm really looking forward to catching up with more MN12 owners and checking out your cars. See ya there.

I've got the gears swapped to 3.27s and now have a working track lock, also found a broken but still working half shaft I swapped when I did it. And installed polly diff bushings. But I'm suspecting this 500 mile spec clutch is slipping and no matter how much I add to the car over 3.5v vmaf it runs lean :( so I am going to put a bigger fuel pump in and hope it resolves it.

I was 3 hours late for my appointed move-in time for the World of Wheels. I was cleaning until 4:30am the morning of the big All-Ford Show. I got 2 hours sleep before Artomobilia here in Indy. I have a really bad habit of dragging things out to the last minute. For once, I'm on schedule after securing transportation to the Bash yesterday. That was my last task that I needed to do.
I guess I could say there's one more thing I should need to do. Considering how susceptible I am to falling asleep on long drives, it would probably be good to find someone available to ride shotgun to keep me in check. I'll call that the last thing I need to do before the bash.
I'm really looking forward to catching up with more MN12 owners and checking out your cars. See ya there.

Maybe join the caravan? That might help! Sounds like Mike Inch, Jacob Royer, Dan Thornsberry and I may all be caravan-ing.

Maybe join the caravan? That might help! Sounds like Mike Inch, Jacob Royer, Dan Thornsberry and I may all be caravan-ing.

Caravan from where? Passing anywhere near Indy? What day/time? Sounds like a good idea if it can work.

gIdecf.jpg

Current state of things.. after installing a new fuel filter and a 255lph pump it still goes lean over 3.6v vmaf no matter what you do to the tune. Swapping rails and installing a new two hole regulator . My crude fuel pressure test never showed over 40psi under boost

Back