48th Annual All Ford Picnic and Car Show, St. Paul Oregon 8.11.19

KMT

Put on by the Mid-Willamette Valley Regional Group, a chapter of the national Early Ford V8 Club of America, held about 25 miles north of my home yesterday - wide range of Fords turned out, guessing around 100 cars/trucks/customs, including several Thunderbirds, with my Anny being the only SC.

IMG_7051 (1).jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

Turns out the 1963's owner, Tom, just picked up an Anny w/35k on the clock.

IMG_6971 (1).jpg

IMG_7063.jpg
F-250's owner must buy tire shine by the gallon...

Last edited:
I've been to a couple of all-Ford show locally and generally most of the old Thunderbird owners don't appreciate the SC. I hope you had a better reception. Looks good.

I've been to a couple of all-Ford show locally and generally most of the old Thunderbird owners don't appreciate the SC. I hope you had a better reception. Looks good.

Thanks, and yes, they were all very friendly, checking out my Anny, even inviting me to bring it to a 2020 'Northwest Vintage Thunderbird Club' meet (international?) in Portland - http://nwtbirds.org/nwtbirds/index.php - looks like there will be at least 2 SCs included. Tom is aware of SCCOA and knows the forums apparently, already scooping up items for his Anny.

I've been planning for another local annual Ford only meet since last year that happens next Sat., put on by the Salem Mustang club, but they've opened it to all makes this time around - no big deal as I'll still be competing in a Ford only class, 1970 and up...Mustangs have their own classes, saw no SCs last year, just oldies. This one will be on pavement, no shade I think, so hot time in the summertime. Should be able to make at least two more shows before end of Sept. Wax on, wax off....

Back