SOLD - Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable Struts - Set of 4 (Front & Rear)

demann

Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable Struts, Complete Set of 4 (2 Front and 2 Rear) for 89 - 97 Ford T-Bird and Mercury Cougar.

New, open box, never installed or used. I bought them several years ago but never installed them.

Please see more pics at my eBay ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133141199811

AB44E3F7-CED5-417F-8CC5-721B31BDA169.jpeg

Last edited:
Do these work with the arc in the car?

No.

They are definitely adjustable (infinitely adjustable in fact, by turning a small knob to go from the softest setting to the max firm setting). But they are not able to adjust between soft and firm based on the ARC actuators.

They are much, much better struts than stock, and unlike stock, they can be adjusted to a firm enough level to be appropriate with lowering springs and/or bigger anti sway bars.

much better struts than stock

Stock are not struts, so if that's what you're selling, they won't work. I don't think that's what you're selling, tho, so I'm sure the Konis are a good alternative for those willing to give up ARC. GLWS, someone is going to get a good deal on unobtainium ;)

Last edited:
Stock are not struts, so if that's what you're selling, they won't work. I don't think that's what you're selling, tho, so I'm sure the Konis are a good alternative for those willing to give up ARC. GLWS.

Yes, you’re right, I was just being sloppy with my word choice. :)

They are the correct shocks to replace the OEM ARC shocks for the front and rear of our cars. The front ones are actually inserts that you install into the stock shock housing. I believe Koni discontinued the front inserts several years ago.

There is a really great article on here with a How To for installing these:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?90302-Koni-Yellow-Struts-How-To-Guide&highlight=Koni

No pictures though.

Joe

Tom (the author of that post) is still on this forum. I bet he'd be willing to PM or reload the pictures if anyone asked him. In fact, if I remember correctly, I think I or someone else asked him to repost the pictures to that thread once before, many years ago.

No.

They are definitely adjustable (infinitely adjustable in fact, by turning a small knob to go from the softest setting to the max firm setting). But they are not able to adjust between soft and firm based on the ARC actuators.

They are much, much better struts than stock, and unlike stock, they can be adjusted to a firm enough level to be appropriate with lowering springs and/or bigger anti sway bars.

Ok thanks. Am I correct in assuming there's no replacement shocks for the stock arc system unless someone is holding a set on a shelf somewhere?
Also what's the stock diameter of the rear sway bar on a 91?
Thanks

Ok thanks. Am I correct in assuming there's no replacement shocks for the stock arc system unless someone is holding a set on a shelf somewhere?
Also what's the stock diameter of the rear sway bar on a 91?
Thanks

I'm not aware of any new shocks that can be controlled by the ARC system. But I haven't really looked in a while.

Here is a link to a nice chart of sway bar sizes for the different years of MN12 T-Birds.

https://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12-techinfo/swaybar/swaybar.htm

It says a 91 SC rear bar is 0.9"

Greg,

I bumped that thread and asked Tom if he could get the pictures up again. Good luck with the sale!

Joe

OEM Ford / Motorcraft replacement (manufactured by Tokico for Ford), or the aftermarket upgrade Tokico Illumina II were the only shocks that work with the ARC system. A good used set or a new set someone has stashed would be the sources for those unfortunately.

I can tell you for a fact that an 89 front bar isn't 1.20" (more like 1.14"), so I don't think that chart is really trustworthy.

Mercutio,
Off topic: Since you autocross, what size bars and which springs are you using for autocross?

Thanks,
Den

I have an Addco 1.25" sold front bar and a custom 1.25" tubular rear bar. Pretty sure it's .188" wall. Link here, if you're interested.

For springs, I'm running 600 lb-in Hyperco in front and Suspension Techniques with 3/4 coil cut off in the rear.

Back