Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best part number/item for thermostat gasket?

Another trick that can help after everything is cleaned and di electricted is to VERY slightly bend the corresponding male pin on other side of connector so that it "presses" against one side of female connector barrel. Be careful not to overdo it tho.

Adam

So I fixed it. I remembered I had a silver paste pen that I've used to jumper bios and other video card "fun". I used a 1mm bead of it and shoved it inside the pin. I did use dielectric grease around the connector. Drove it for an hour - no code. I did wrap the wire with a very small blue zip tie behind the connector shell in case I get the code again and I have to do a more elegant/permanent fix.

Thanks for all the help on this one. I must be getting old as I used to chase wires on an electronic warfare plane in the Navy when I was a kid. Maybe I just wanted the easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by potshotscott View Post
    I was able to verify that the 4.4K Ohm of bad resistance lives in the connector itself (in the engine bay)
    That's where I've been finding corrosion. Two connectors were hiding it in that location. Others were clean. Typically it's on wires that are constant hot, even when key off, I believe. Same with ABS always hot wiring/connectors.

Walmart, Home Depot, Autozone, Amazon, eBay etc. all sell CRC electronic contact spray. Can labeling may differ as it seems CRC has updated it's branding lately. Not inexpensive, but worth it, I think. Verified results on my SC.

Does the 5V come directly from the PCM? I appears to in the EVTM. Wondering if it goes through the IRCM first... tearing it down now.
    I think I went over this with someone here in the last few months....let me search and see what I can find. Might depend on year.

Maybe I just wanted the easy button.
    Don't we all - glad you made progress, thanks for the followup, fingers crossed it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by KMT View Post
    I think I went over this with someone here in the last few months....let me search and see what I can find. Might depend on year.
    You did go over it with me. It does NOT go through there...