Some may find this interesting, some wont. here's my hack job turbo/m90 setup

Tried google drive for the log files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ny_bsFselPcWtIaWhiNFd2bU9EMDI1dTU0eFU1czFLRnpv/view?usp=drivesdk (ambient air temp was around 64 degrees. Never really got over 60% throttle. Kept breaking the tires loose, I do not have a speed sensor hooked up to the megasquirt) I think the air temp only hit 230 degrees. This is with just the single 1000cc meth nozzle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ny_bsFselPSHZaZE9ISmVxd0pRaVB0RTV0NUVMcEU3Y2JF/view?usp=drivesdk (haven't really looked over this log yet, this was just taken a few minutes prior to the initial log I posted in this reply.)

230 is a lot, my tune is set to start pulling timing at anything over 140. I don’t imagine the motor will survive very long at 29 psi and those intake temps, but it will be fun while it last.
I think 22 psi would work a lot better and the heat would be reduced a lot too.

David

Last edited:
This isn't a build thread so I won't be updating it with every little detail as if it is a build thread. Originally just wanted to post this as a "hey look someone finally did it" kind of thing but also wanted to make it somewhat informative as well.

So anyways, I just figured I'd respond in regards to the results of the 2nd meth nozzle. 500cc helped but the temps were still around 150-160 degrees farenheit after the meth activated. I upped the nozzle size to the 1000cc nozzle and drove the car. The temperature spikes to 220 on the initial hit then immediately drops to 113-119 degrees farenheit. One hit dropped temps down to 107 degrees but the average was 113-119 across 10 or so pulls.

Long story short, more meth = lower temps but I ran through half a gallon in the span of 30 minutes of flooring it. I'm fine with that. It's not a daily driver.

I'm thinking the next thing to follow this up with is either time slip pics or motor carnage pics.. or both.

I don't have video of this car in motion. I'll take it around town tomorrow and get some video for you guys to look at.

It may or may not last. Everything breaks eventually. It is quite fun for the moment though.

Last edited:
Take the blower off and just run a turbo! I honestly think that a bone stock early model sc motor in a mustang would run 13s all day long.

I mean, I guess if you go by the 1/8th mile time and extrapolate it to 1/4 mile the car could have ran 13.30 or something. But with how botched the whole pass was, from the launch to the pedaling to the boost cuts, then coasting to the finish etc.. it's easy to say what it could have or should have ran.

There's obviously much better time to be made in this configuration but there are a lot of bugs to work out before making another attempt at a pass down the 1/4 mile.

Give me another 6 months. I might have the overboost issue sorted out by then. :p

I don't mind 45lbs It just needs to be intentional and not due to a valve sticking or what have you.

Back