Five things I learned from the Midwest Bash

pro street rich

Five things I learned this week end...
1] The people in the sccoa for the most part are die hards.
2] 25 cars does make for a nice fun car show.
3] Everyone had a lot of fun all weekend long.
4] Yes I do cook a mean burger and was able to feed everyone on time twice with food left over..
5] Even the car cruise went off without any issues plenty of parking ,fast food that you ordered, and the food was great as well.
6] Everyone who was there got to go home with a very nice Midwest Bash beer mug...yes you had to be here.

Now in closing I must thank everyone who came, helped out, and who proved that not only can you have fun together, but it was fun to see so many people again this year. Sure some people chickened out due to their not being water proof or not having their car done on time. The big thing was we all got to have a great weekend, and all got to see the first working, driving, and running Twin Turbo 4.5 SVO 35th t-bird.. We will do this again next year and maybe some more people will be able to make it to the Mid West Bash.....Rich

Ok - now I want to see some SVO SC head-to-head racing!

Sounds like it turned out to be a great meet - thanks again to the Bruhn family for helping organize the event. I assume racing ended up getting cancelled due to weather...really crummy. Until early Friday morning, I was still thinking of driving up by myself - against what little good sense I have - but finally had to face the fact that the car just wasn't ready for that yet. Sorry for missing out! :(

first we got to get some done.

Ok - now I want to see some SVO SC head-to-head racing!

Sounds like it turned out to be a great meet - thanks again to the Bruhn family for helping organize the event. I assume racing ended up getting cancelled due to weather...really crummy. Until early Friday morning, I was still thinking of driving up by myself - against what little good sense I have - but finally had to face the fact that the car just wasn't ready for that yet. Sorry for missing out! :(

Thanks for all the kind words here. We all did have a great time and we even had a great turn out of guys going on the cruise for dinner sat night. Sure the weather did kill the track plans but everyone was still happy with how the whole weekend turned out. There was plenty of sunshine for Friday and sat for the car show and all the other fun.. There was some racing going on Friday night but the winners will remain a secret. for now...

SVO vs SC would be a good race. I think it will hang with the best of them. I do know this, This car does not sound like anything else out there. Just sitting in the parking lot it sounds mean and hungry for something to chew on.

All in all it was a great time and mark your date book down for next year as we are going to do this again and hope for even more great times to come our way....Rich and the Mid West Bash Group....:)

thank you

Just saw some photos from the meet up. Great job on the SVO build Rich.

Yes it is alive and running. I guess it must really sound bad because a guy in a z06 at the gas station started to talk smack until I opened the hood. That got a big I will pass on this one, sorry... Rich P.S. and everything is under the hood with all the exhaust running out the back of the car

Yes it is alive and running. I guess it must really sound bad because a guy in a z06 at the gas station started to talk smack until I opened the hood. That got a big I will pass on this one, sorry... Rich P.S. and everything is under the hood with all the exhaust running out the back of the car

Congrats on getting it going, massive accomplishment. Wanted to see it, but a wedding stopped me from making the trip.

5 things I learned at the 2019 Midwest Bash....

1) Rich's car starts, runs, and idles at the touch of a key/button. Who says an old guy can't do fuel injection???? The roll bar WILL stab you in the back though.
2) The windy city WILL find a way to downpour and soak me every time I go there.
3) In the Midwest it seems the V8 guys are more dedicated than the V6 guys, on average.
4) Your mom set limits on how many cookies you could eat at one time for a reason!
5) Georgie Porgie's makes an amazing pretzel burger!!! Might be 2000 calories, but who's counting?

The big thing was we all got to have a great weekend, and all got to see the first working, driving, and running Twin Turbo 4.5 SVO 35th t-bird.. We will do this again next year and maybe some more people will be able to make it to the Mid West Bash.....Rich

Where is video of this unicorn you speak of?

Rich,

Nice job on the meet. Sorry we had to miss it and we will plan on being there next year. Turbocharged 4.5 looks real good...have you got it working with boost yet ?

David

SVO setup looks sweet Rich! Congrats on getting it done!

Also, thanks for taking the reigns and putting the event together!

-Tim

thanks

Rich,

Nice job on the meet. Sorry we had to miss it and we will plan on being there next year. Turbocharged 4.5 looks real good...have you got it working with boost yet ?

David

The Bash was a work for everyone that was involved with it. We all thank you. Now as for the car it has been down the road but I have not tried out anyone with it. The thing is a hand full but with the trans and the auto shifter in there it is real easy to drive.. Just set your rpm's and watch it shift all by itself....Rich

thanks

SVO setup looks sweet Rich! Congrats on getting it done!

Also, thanks for taking the reigns and putting the event together!

-Tim

It was a lot of work but the results were well worth all the work.. Everyone worked to make it a great time and it did turn out great. Even the sat night cruise went off without any issues...Thanks from all of us ….Rich

how about those beer mugs??

Rich,

David

What did you think of those beer mugs you got?? Do you like them?? Let me know, I still have some left over.....that are for sale.....Rich

Five things I learned:
1. Driving through Chicago during morning rush hour, pulling the trailer with my junk on it, was a treat that my GPS gave me.
2. The toll roads over there have no posted rates. They seem to charge whatever they feel like.
3. Kurt K has expensive taste in beer.
4. The die hards made the trip well worth it, as well as the organizers, hotel, etc.
5. Mother nature can be heartless.
6. Definitely a do over. See you all next year.

Alan

Back